We are looking forward to another year of gardening, teaching and learning in Los Angeles! To help support teachers work with their Learning Gardens, The Kitchen Community will be leading planting and planning garden workshops throughout LA. We host workshops across Los Angeles from 4:00-6:00pm to ensure teachers and families have a local workshop at a time they can attend. See below for more information and links to register!
Planning and planting your fall garden Workshop Content and Materials:
During this workshop, attendees will participate in:
- Fall garden planning (strategy documents, online resources, & discussions)
- Hands-on garden skills (practice planting & supporting resources)
- School garden leadership & networking discussions (small and large group)
One representative from each school will go home with:
- All the seeds you will need to grow the Annual Garden Plan.
- Seedlings for this upcoming fall growing season.
- Essential planning documents for engaging students in planting and harvesting your fall garden.
- More garden skill resources and seasonal classroom activities.
Click on the links below to register:
Central Workshop: Monday, October 2nd @ 4:00-6:00pm hosted at John Adams MS (South of Downtown LA)