You’ll love the savory and comforting flavors of Bisquick sausage balls. These tiny snacks are perfect for a party or just a quick snack on the go. Plus, they’re easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
Take a Look ↓↓↓
Sausage balls with Bisquick wouldn’t seem like anything out of the ordinary but they’re actually a great way to change up your party food spread. If you want to add a little more excitement to the table, try making these with different flavors of sausage. You could even experiment with different types of cheese in the mix.
You’ll find that sausage balls Bisquick coated add an entirely different dimension of flavor. The breading helps to keep the juices in, making for a juicier and more flavorful final product.
Sausage balls recipe Bisquick included has been around for a while but there are a ton of different variations you can try.
Each one has its unique taste advantages and it ultimately depends on your preference. What’s nice about how quickly this Bisquick sausage ball recipe comes together is just how easily you can mess with the ingredients.
Bisquick was invented in the 1930s as a way to make food preparation easier and faster. It’s since become a mainstay in many American kitchens for everything from biscuits to pancakes.
We’ll be making sausage balls recipe with Bisquick and you’ll learn all about what they are, how to make them, and what ingredients to look out for.
You don’t have to just eat a Bisquick sausage balls recipe either, you can throw it in with a full breakfast so you can get even more flavors.
Here are the sausage ball recipes with Bisquick you can rely on to get you the perfect combination of fluffy biscuit like breading with savory, juicy sausage.
What is a Sausage Balls Bisquick Recipe?
Bisquick sausage balls, or Bisquick sausage cheese balls, are a type of party food that is made from Bisquick mix and sausage. They are typically served as an appetizer or a main course, and they are very easy to make. You could even use cream cheese in the recipe to make an equally good alternative.
Although you can technically have a Bisquick sausage ball recipe just by itself, it often helps to have your own homemade side for dipping. Experimenting with the sauce can become most of the most fun parts since the cheese ball itself is pretty simple.
What Kind of Sausage is Used?
It really depends on what time of the day you will be eating your recipe for sausage balls Bisquick.
If you’re planning on having it for breakfast, it’s probably best to go with a pork sausage that is infused with maple flavoring. This will give you the same flavors as a McDonalds Mcgriddle. You’ll love how well the sweet and savory go together and it will be filling enough to last you till lunch.
If you want to have your cooked sausage balls with bisquick recipe as a lunch or dinner meal then you’re better off buying a more savory spicy Italian sausage filled with lots of herbs. This will help match the time of day and provide something hearty that won’t be overwhelming. You can also use turkey sausage for a leaner meat.
What Ingredients Do You Need?
Of course, you’ll need the type of spicy sausage you going to try and the Bisquick mix but on top of that, you’ll also want some milk. The higher in fat you use the creamier and thicker the mixture will turn out. You can always cut down on the fat in the milk to get something lighter.
You’ll also want to get some sharp cheddar cheese to add to the balls so that it melts when you’re cooking and you can have a rich sausage ball packed with flavor.
Go ahead and keep some Italian seasoning near you because a little can go a long way in boosting the flavor and turning it into an Italian sausage. You might also want some garlic salt to give it that extra savory taste.
Now, if you don’t actually have a box of Bisquick baking mix, you can just use flour or almond flour, baking powder, and salt. This will help you make your sausage balls from scratch without having to rely on a premade mix.
How to Make Bisquick Sausage Balls?
We’ll go through in detail exactly how to make the best Bisquick sausage balls ever. It’s an incredibly easy recipe that anyone could pick up so you don’t have to have a ton of cooking experience to have them come out great.
It is after all just savory sausage with some delicious biscuit mix.
You’ll end up combing all the ingredients and mixing them together in a bowl and then putting the balls themselves on a baking sheet.
You’ll bake them for about 20-25 minutes and then pull them out when the batter is golden brown.
While the balls are baking, make yourself the dipping sauce of your choice, you might even want to make a couple to see how it turns out.
Step by Step
1. Go ahead and preheat your oven. Take out a baking dish and spray it using a nonstick product.
2. Take out a mixing bowl and combine all of your ingredients together.
3. Pour in the milk
4. Scoop out the pieces using a strained scoop
5. Shape the mixture into a 1-inch ball and then place it on the baking sheet and stick it in the oven.
- Dont have Bisquick? No problem! You can actually still make the sausage balls but you’ll need to use 3 cups of flour, 1/2 tsp of salt, and 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Because you’ll be using raw meat (pork) you’ll want to be careful about temperatures to make sure they are fully cooked. If you have a thermometer go ahead and give the balls a test before taking them out of the oven. You want the center to reach a level of 160 degrees before taking them out.
- You want to really serve this recipe as soon as it gets pulled out of the fryer. Anytime you make them for a large party you’ll want to keep your crockpot nearby. Instead of just leaving them on the table where they’ll get cold, stick them in the instant pot to warm up. You might want to line the pot with some paper towels to absorb any extra grease.
Can You Make Them Ahead of Time?
Luckily, this is one of those recipes that you can make ahead of time as long as you have the time to commit to it. If you want to, you can make the balls a day in advance and then store them covered in the fridge.
Then when you’re ready to serve them, just pull them out of the fridge, preheat your oven, and bake them according to the instructions.
How to Store Leftovers
Store them in the fridge like you would any temperature-sensitive dish. If you want to reheat them, you can put them in the oven on a low temperature or even use the microwave. But because microwaves often produce uneven levels of heat, you might not get the same great results as when they’re freshly made.
Can You Freeze Bisquick Sausage Balls?
Anytime you’re making sausage balls it’s a great idea to stick them in the freezer. That way you can have them on hand for a quick meal or appetizer.
Just make sure that before you put them in the freezer you let them cool down completely. Once they’re frozen, you can store them in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
When you’re ready to eat them, just pull them out of the freezer throw them straight into the oven without thawing.
You can also freeze your uncooked sausage balls as long as they are fully formed. They’ll actually have a slightly better texture this way.
Dipping Sauce of Sausage Balls:
You can use a large range like syrup, honey mustard, BBQ, hot mustard, ketchup, and ranch.
What is Served with Bisquick Sausage Balls?
Usually, Bisquick sausage balls are served on their own as an appetizer. But if you want to turn them into a meal, you can serve them with some sides like mashed potatoes, green beans, or even a salad.
The sauce is often the only other side you’ll see with Bisquick sausage balls.
Bisquick Sausage Balls
Our BEST Bisquick Sausage Balls
- 3 cups Bisquick mix
- 1 Pound Pork Breakfast Sausage Flavored or unflavored
- 16 Ounces Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 Cup 2% Milk
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Take a rimmed baking dish and spray it completely with a nonstick cooking product.
- Take a mixing bowl and throw all of your ingredients together and combine until you get a sausage mixture.
- Use a strained scoop to shape 1-inch balls that hold together. Place all the balls on the baking dish.
- Put them into the oven for about 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown.