Are you looking for a delicious and easy dessert to impress your friends and family? Look no further than this no-bake Oreo dessert, featuring a delightful combination of cream cheese and Cool Whip. This tasty treat requires minimal effort and time, making it the perfect solution to satisfy your sweet tooth.
To create this scrumptious dessert, you’ll need to gather a few simple ingredients, such as Oreo cookies, cream cheese, Cool Whip, and a bit of powdered sugar. With these ingredients and a handful of easy steps, you’ll craft a mouthwatering dessert that’s guaranteed to be a hit with everyone.
As you embark on this no-bake dessert journey, rest assured knowing that you’ve chosen a recipe that is not only flavorful but also forgiving for even the most novice bakers. Your dessert’s rich and creamy texture, with just the right amount of crunch, will leave everyone eager for seconds.
For this no bake Oreo dessert using cream cheese and Cool Whip, you’ll need the following ingredients to create a delicious and indulgent treat:
- 1 package of regular or double-stuffed Oreo cookies, depending on your preference
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 boxes instant chocolate or vanilla pudding
- Optional toppings: crushed Oreos, peanut butter, strawberry slices
Begin by preparing the Oreo crust. Crush your chosen Oreo cookies (any flavor will work well) in a food processor or by placing them in a sealed plastic bag and using a rolling pin. Combine your crushed Oreos with the melted butter and press them evenly into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Set this aside as you prepare the creamy filling.
For the filling, you will need to blend together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Gently fold in the Cool Whip until fully combined. Spread this mixture evenly onto the Oreo crust, creating a second layer.
Next, it’s time to prepare the pudding. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and instant pudding mix (either chocolate or vanilla, based on preference) until smooth and thick. Pour this pudding over the cream cheese layer, spreading it evenly. Place the dessert in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours or preferably overnight, to allow all layers to firm up.
When it’s time to serve, you can get creative with your toppings. You might sprinkle some additional crushed Oreos on top, add a drizzle of peanut butter, or garnish with fresh strawberry slices. Feel free to experiment with different Oreo flavors and toppings to make this no bake Oreo dessert your own!
First, you will need to crush the Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. This can be done using a food processor or by placing the cookies in a zip-top plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin. Set aside 1 cup of the Oreo crumbs for later use.
Next, mix the remaining Oreo crumbs with melted butter using a spatula, then press the mixture into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. This will form the crust for your no-bake Oreo dessert. Make sure the layer is even and compact.
In a medium bowl, combine the softened cream cheese with powdered sugar. Use a hand mixer to mix these ingredients until smooth and creamy. Following this, gently fold in half of the Cool Whip with a spatula until well combined.
Spread the cream cheese and Cool Whip mixture over the Oreo crust in the baking dish. Use a spatula to create an even layer. Now, pour chocolate pudding over the cream cheese layer, spreading it evenly as well.
Once the chocolate pudding layer is in place, spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle the reserved 1 cup of Oreo crumbs over the Cool Whip layer, ensuring even coverage.
Refrigerate the dessert for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow it to set properly. Once set, serve your no-bake Oreo dessert using a spatula and enjoy the delightful blend of cream cheese and Cool Whip with the rich taste of Oreo cookies.
Preparing the Oreo Crust
To begin, you’ll need the following ingredients for the Oreo crust:
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 5 tablespoons of melted butter
First, crush the Oreo cookies into fine crumbs using either a food processor or a rolling pin and a ziplock bag. Ensure there are no large pieces left behind, as these can cause the crust to be uneven.
Next, in a medium mixing bowl, combine the Oreo crumbs and the melted butter thoroughly. The mixture should have a damp, sandy texture. This will help hold the Oreo crust together while providing a rich, buttery flavor.
After the Oreo mixture is prepared, press the Oreo-butter combination into the bottom of a greased 9-inch pie pan or a similarly sized round baking dish. To achieve a smooth, even layer, use the back of a spoon or the bottom of a measuring cup to firmly press down on the crumbs. This will create a sturdy Oreo pie crust that can easily hold the cream cheese and Cool Whip filling.
Finally, refrigerate the Oreo crust for about 20-30 minutes before adding the filling. This step is crucial for allowing the crust to set and harden, ensuring that it will maintain its shape when the dessert is cut and served.
Making the Layers
Cream Cheese Layer
To make the cream cheese layer for your no-bake Oreo dessert, you will need the following ingredients:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whipped cream (such as Cool Whip)
First, combine the softened cream cheese and sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to blend them together until smooth. Next, gently fold in the whipped cream with a spatula until well combined.
Once the cream cheese layer is prepared, spread it evenly over a layer of crushed Oreo cookies placed at the bottom of your dessert dish.
Chocolate Pudding Layer
For the chocolate pudding layer, gather the following ingredients:
- 2 packages (3.9 oz each) chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
In a separate bowl, whisk together the chocolate pudding mix and cold milk until the mixture thickens. Allow the pudding to set for a few minutes before proceeding. Once the pudding has thickened, spread it carefully over the cream cheese layer in your dessert dish.
Cool Whip Layer
The final layer of your no-bake Oreo dessert is the Cool Whip layer. For this layer, you will need:
- 2 cups whipped cream (such as Cool Whip)
Spread the whipped cream evenly over the chocolate pudding layer to complete your dessert. If desired, garnish with additional crushed Oreos, fresh strawberries, or chocolate shavings for added visual appeal and flavor.
Remember, this versatile dessert can be easily adapted to include different flavors, such as Oreo cheesecake, Oreo pudding dessert, or even Oreo ice cream cake, by substituting or adding additional layers and ingredients to suit your taste preferences. Just be sure to keep it brief and stay confident in your ability to create a delicious treat.
Assembling the Dessert
To create this no-bake Oreo dessert using cream cheese and Cool Whip, start by selecting your preferred Oreo flavor. You may choose from the classic, golden, or mint options, depending on your taste preference.
Now, create the Oreo crust. Crush about 24 Oreo cookies, including their filling, into fine crumbs by using a food processor or placing them in a sealed plastic bag and rolling with a rolling pin. Mix the crumbs with 1/4 cup of melted unsalted butter. Press this mixture into the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan to create an even crust layer.
Next, prepare the Oreo mousse layer by combining 8 ounces of softened cream cheese with 1 cup of powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix them together until smooth and creamy. Fold in 8 ounces of thawed Cool Whip and 12 crushed Oreo cookies. Once the mixture is well combined, spread it over the cookie crust layer in your pan.
The third and final layer is the Cool Whip topping. Spread another 8 ounces of thawed Cool Whip over the Oreo mousse layer in a smooth, even fashion. For an extra touch, garnish the top with additional crushed Oreos or a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Refrigerate the assembled layered dessert for a minimum of 4 hours or ideally overnight, allowing the layers to set and flavors to meld together. When you are ready to serve, slice the dessert into squares or wedges, and enjoy your delicious no-bake Oreo dessert.
Remember, you can also adapt this recipe to create an Oreo pie by simply using a round pie dish instead of a rectangular pan. The assembly process remains the same, with the crust, Oreo mousse, and Cool Whip layers built on top of each other.
Total Time and Servings
With a prep time of just 10 minutes, this no bake Oreo dessert is perfect for those who want a quick and delicious treat. The total time required for this dessert, including chilling, is approximately 3 hours and 10 minutes.
Servings: This recipe yields 12 generous servings, making it perfect for sharing with friends and family.
To create this scrumptious no-bake Oreo dessert using cream cheese and Cool Whip, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 8 oz of Cool Whip, thawed
- 3.9 oz of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups of cold milk
Following a few simple steps, you can easily assemble this tasty dessert:
- Crush the Oreo cookies using a food processor or by placing them in a ziplock bag and crushing them with a rolling pin. Reserve 1/2 cup of the crushed cookies for the topping.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the crushed cookies with the melted butter. Press this mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth. Fold in half of the Cool Whip and spread this mixture over the chilled cookie crust.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the chocolate pudding mix and cold milk. Allow the pudding to thicken for a few minutes, then spread it over the cream cheese layer.
- Top with the remaining Cool Whip and sprinkle with the reserved crushed cookies. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Enjoy your indulgent, no-bake Oreo dessert using cream cheese and Cool Whip!
Variations and Tips
When making a no-bake Oreo dessert recipe using cream cheese and Cool Whip, there are several ways to make it your own while maintaining its easy and tasty essence. Here are a few tips and variations to help you create the perfect dessert for your taste buds.
First, consider using different flavored Oreos to bring variety to your dessert. You can experiment with flavors like mint, peanut butter, or even golden Oreos to cater to your preferences. When choosing your whipped topping, you can use store-bought Cool Whip or make your own homemade whipped cream for a more natural option.
For a richer and creamier texture, feel free to replace half of the Cool Whip with half and half or even full-fat cream. This will not only enhance the flavor but also give your dessert a smoother consistency. Just remember to adjust the sugar according to your taste, as the added cream might require an extra sweetener.
For those watching their sugar intake, using a low-sugar or sugar-free option for the Oreos and whipped topping is a great alternative. This allows you to enjoy an easy dessert without worrying about excessive sugar consumption.
To add a bit more texture and flavor to your no-bake Oreo dessert, consider incorporating different toppings or mix-ins. Crushed nuts, chocolate chips, or even some fruit can add a unique touch to your creation. Feel free to get creative with your additions, but remember to keep the overall balance of the dessert in mind.
By following these tips and experimenting with variations, you can create a delicious and customized no-bake Oreo dessert using cream cheese and Cool Whip that fits your taste preferences. Enjoy the process and indulge in the delightful outcome!
This No Bake Oreo Dessert with cream cheese and Cool Whip is a delightful treat that is not only delicious but also incredibly simple to make. It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a party or just need a quick and easy sweet treat.
To make this dessert, it requires minimal ingredients and no baking, which saves time and effort. The combination of Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and Cool Whip provides a rich and creamy taste that will be enjoyed by both adults and children alike.
Remember to carefully layer the ingredients for a visually appealing presentation and let the mixture chill in the refrigerator for some time before serving. This will ensure that your dessert is set and has the desired texture.
By following the recipe and these tips, you can master this No Bake Oreo Dessert and impress your friends and family with your culinary skills. Enjoy the delightful mix of flavors and the satisfaction that comes from creating a tasty dessert that everyone will love.
No Bake Oreo Dessert with Cream Cheese and Cool Whip Recipe
- 1 package Double-stuffed Oreo cookies (containing 30 cookies or 15.35 oz.)
- 8 tbsp Butter (1 stick)
- 3 cups of half and half (half milk/half heavy cream)
- 2 containers cool whip (8 oz. each)
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz.)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Place 20 Oreos into a ziplock bag (or a clean dish towel), being careful to leave at least 10 Oreos for decoration at the end. Seal the ziplock bag shut, place it on the counter, and using a rolling pin crush the Oreos until they become large crumbs, being careful not to bash too hard.
Make Oreo Crust
- In a bowl, place the Oreo cookie crumbs. Next, place the butter in a saucepan and melt over a low heat, being careful not to let it burn. Once the butter has melted, pour it over the crumbs and combine the mixture until all of the crumbs are coated. Place the mixture in the 9 x 9 pan and press into the bottom of the pan with a measuring cup's flat surface or spoon to form a crust.
Prepare Chocolate Pudding Mix
- Place both of the packets of chocolate pudding mixture in a bowl and whisk together with the 3 cups of half and half. Once the pudding mix and cups of half and half are combined, place the mixture into the freezer to give it a chance to cool before you assemble the dessert.
Prepare Cream Cheese and Cool Whip Layer
- If your cream cheese is particularly firm, you can soften the cream cheese by microwaving it for 15 to 20 seconds, being careful to make sure that you’re not melting it. Once you’re done softening the cheese, sift in the powdered sugar and whisk together until the sugar and cream cheese are well incorporated. Next, fold in one container of cool whip with a spatula.
Add Cream Cheese and Cool Whip Layer
- Once the mixture is well combined, spread the cream cheese and cool whip mixture over the Oreo cookie crust. By now, the cookies and butter should have set to make a smooth surface, but take care when spreading the cream cheese and cool whip layer in case it moves around to ensure it remains as an even layer.
Add Chocolate Pudding Layer
- Take the chocolate pudding you prepared earlier out of the freezer and spread the mixture on top of the cream cheese and cool whip layer.
Add Cool Whip Layer
- Next, spread the second container of cool whip over the chocolate pudding layer. The neatness doesn’t matter too much here, but you do want to try and ensure that the layers are evenly distributed so you have even layers when you cut into the dessert!
Decorate with Oreo Cookies
- Finally, decorate the top of your dessert by crumbling the remaining 10 Oreo cookies on top of the cool whip layer. There’s really no right or wrong way to do this, so go wild and have fun with it! You could try crushing 2-3 of them to a fine crumb and sprinkle them alongside different larger chunks for some variation. The main thing is that the end product will look delicious even if it isn’t the neatest creation.
Refrigerate before serving
- Chill at least for 3-4 hours until the dessert is firm, or if you want to be organized chill it overnight. Chilling is necessary for all the layers to set and it will also be much easier and less messy when cutting it. Eat and enjoy! Your family and friends will be bugging you to make this recipe time and time again once they get a taste for this delicious, no bake Oreo dessert with cream cheese and cool whip!