If you have ever had the pleasure of tasting a smash burger, we can understand why you might want to start making your own version at home.
Take a Look ↓↓↓
The creation of smash burgers at home is actually becoming more and more popular, the only downside is that you will require a specific type of spatula to do so.
If you want your burger to be as close to the original as possible, then you will need to follow the same steps to make your own.
This involves the use of a certain trusty spatula, and without it, you might not create the glorious results that you were looking for.
However, finding and choosing the right spatula for your needs can prove to be difficult, with many of them claiming to be the best for making smash burgers.
To help you to decide which spatula is the best for the task at hand, we are going to share our list of the top five spatulas for making smash burgers with you.
This way, you can choose from a selection of the five best products, and be sure that you are purchasing what you need.
What Are Smashed Burgers?
If you didn’t already know, smashed burgers are literally burgers that have been smashed, which you might have guessed from the name.
The idea is that when you press down on the burger with a spatula, it will improve the contact of the meat with the source of heat.
It is thought that smashing a burger will intensify the flavor and leave you with delicious results.
How to Make a Smash Burger
- The first thing that you need to do is to head your griddle or skillet over a medium to high heat until it gets really hot. This should take around 2 minutes of heating. You should then lightly brush the pan with vegetable oil, and divide your ground beef into equal portions. There is no need to form patties.
- The next step would be to place the portions on the griddle and use your spatula to smash them so that they are flat. It doesn’t matter if the edges are uneven, this is all part of the process. You can opt to season your burgers with salt, and proceed to cook them until the outer edges are brown. At this point, you should flip the patties, season them again, and place a slice of cheese over each one. Proceed to cook until medium rare.
- The only thing left to do is serve your burgers in bread rolls with your desired dressings.
Now that you know what you need to about smash burgers and how to make them, we are going to show you our list of the top five best spatulas for making smash burgers.
This way, you can be equipped with the right tools to make the perfect burger.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
This spatula has been designed to offer excellent heat protection, and it features an innovative high heat-resistant handle that has been uniquely formulated to absorb 50% less heat than standard spatulas.
This means that this handle will stay cool to the touch for much longer, and this spatula can safely withstand temperatures of up to 450 °F.
This makes them perfect for cooking burgers in hot environments.
It has been made using precision ground stainless steel that is heavy-duty to ensure that it lasts for a long time.
As well as this, it has the perfect balance between flexibility and stiffness, and it is resistant to rust, corrosion, and discoloration.
It features a dual-textured finish for extra grip and resistance to slipping, and it has a sanitary sealed handle design.
- High quality - This spatula has been designed using a high-quality Japanese stainless steel blade for an ideal combination of flexibility and stiffness
- Warranty - This product comes with a limited lifetime warranty to protect you if anything goes wrong
- NSF certified - This is a product that has been rigorously tested and certified by a global provider of public health and safety-based risk solutions, and it has high standards for safety, quality, and performance
- This spatula is quite large, and it may not be suitable for everyone
This spatula features a flat blade that is able to life and remove delicate foods and perfectly smash your burgers.
It has a cutting edge that will allow you to easily chop onions or section ground meat when it comes to making burgers, saving you time and resources.
It has even been built with a riveted wooden handle that will not conduct heat, and it is a must-have tool for anyone that wants to make sash burgers.
As well as this, it features an ergonomic design that allows for a slip-free and comfortable grip.
- Rust resistant - You can be sure that this spatula will not rust over time and through washes, and it has been designed to avoid this issue
- Durable - The metal that has been used in the construction of this product is stainless steel, which is highly durable and long-lasting
- Flat blade - The flat blade of this spatula is perfect for smashing burgers
- Many users recommend that you do not put this product in the dishwasher and this has caused damage to the product
One of the best things about this purchase is that it comes with everything that you might need, including 1 x hamburger spatula, 1 x Burger Spatula, and 2 x S shape hook for storage.
This spatula can be used for a variety of different purposes, and it is ready to use straight out of the box.
It features a heavy-duty flat spatula blade that is made from stainless steel and a tight and comfortable wooden handle that has triple rivets to ensure the best possible grip.
It is easy to use and hold, and it has been designed to ensure that it will last for a long time without breaking.
This spatula features a wide support surface and a straight edge, with a stiff blade that you can use to easily cut through food when you need to.
It even has a hole in the handle that you can use in combination with the included S shaped hooks, so you can hang it up for drying or storage.
Finally, this spatula is easy to clean, even when hand washing, so cleaning up will take hardly any time at all.
- Complete Set - This set comes with everything that you need to use this spatula straight out of the box for making smash burgers
- Heavy duty - This spatula has been constructed using professional food grade stainless steel, which can easily withstand regular use
- Multi use - You can use this spatula in the kitchen or the yard, depending on the occasion, and it can be used for cooking fish, steak, chicken, smash burgersx`, and more
- These spatulas are not as thick as some of the other options available, meaning that they are more flexible
This spatula has been reinvented to make it even better. It has been made using 12 gauge 304 stainless steel to ensure that it is going to be both durable and long-lasting, and it has a micarta handle for the same reasons.
Not only is this spatula durable and strong, but it is also completely dishwasher safe and super easy to clean.
The circle on the back part of the spatula makes it different to any other spatula and perfect for flipping around to make the perfect smash burger.
It has been designed and perfected by BBQ Hack to ensure the best possible end results, and this is a brand that you can trust.
They sell many other products that will aid your overall grilling experience, so they know what they are talking about when it comes to tools.
You will be able to use this spatula to create the most amazing smash burgers that you have ever had, and you will be able to smash your patties with ease using this robust spatula.
The spatula itself weighs just 1.86 pounds, which makes it easy to use and heavy enough to use for heavier items of food.
- Edged sides - With edged sides, it can easily slide under anything that you are preparing, making it easy to flip your smash burgers and remove them once they are cooked
- Dishwasher safe - This spatula is 100% dishwasher safe, making clean up really simple and easy, and you don’t have to worry about the dishwasher causing any damage to your spatula
- Strong - The Spatula Hack is strong enough to lift a full rack of ribs off your grill, so making smash burgers will be a breeze as you can easily use the spatula to smash them without it being too flexible
- This spatula is much more expensive in comparison to other products, which may not be suitable for all budget types
This set is designed to provide you with everything that you could possibly need to make your very own smash burgers, and all of this equipment comes at the same price as a single spatula.
This makes this purchase very cost-effective, and you will have everything that you need to get started right away.
You will be able to create professional results using these tools, and the spatula is perfect for smashing down your patties to create flatter smash burgers.
You can use the patty paper over the meat before you smash to provide a clean and easy transition between pressing down each burger. The papers are 6 inches by 6 inches, so they are plenty big enough for what you need.
Overall, your purchase will include 1 Cast Iron burger Smasher, 1 stainless steel burger Flipper, 1 stainless steel seasoning shaker, & 100 restaurant-grade hamburger patty papers.
Once you have gone ahead and smashed down your patty, you can customize your burgers with your own blend of seasoning, or stick to something simple, like salt.
This will help to add additional flavor and produce epic results.
- Strong spatula - The spatula that is included with this set will not be flexible when you press it down on your patties to make smash burgers, making it perfect for the task at hand
- Season shaker - You will be able to create your own special blend of seasoning and load up the Stainless Steel Seasoning Shaker to help you season your smash burgers with precision
- Sharp edges - The sharp edges of the spatula allow you to get right under the pressed down patty to ensure that you can flip it easily and quickly
- The press may not push down your smash burgers to be thin enough, but the spatula is perfect for doing just that
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Difference Between a Smash Burger and a Normal Burger?
A smash burger is a burger that is created by pushing down the patty while it is cooking. The process is referred to as smashing, which is where the name comes from.
Regular burgers are made normally, simply by cooking the burger until it is cooked. Smash burgers are known for their brown, charred, and toasty flavor.
The process of smashing will also lock in all the juices and flavors.
What Are The Best Spatulas for Making Smash Burgers? Our Top 5
- Mercer Culinary Hell's Handle Heavy Duty Turner
- Winco TN56 Offset Turner
- Leonyo Metal Spatula Set of 2
- BBQ Hack Spatula Hack Offset Spatula and Press
- Cuisinart CSBK-400 Smashed Burger Kit
Use in or with your favorite recipe.
- Splatter Guards: Buyer’s Guide and 7 Best Picks - May 25, 2023
- Can I Refreeze Salmon and Is it Safe? - May 25, 2023
- Can You Microwave Cup Noodles - May 25, 2023