You’re about to embark on creating a delicious keto blueberry cheesecake that is not only low in carbs but also packed full of bursting blueberry flavor. The combination of a velvety cheesecake paired with a succulent blueberry sauce makes for a dessert that’s as impressive to behold as it is to devour.
Take a Look ↓↓↓
Fear not, as this delightful concoction is surprisingly easy to make! With a mere 2 grams net carbs per slice, you can indulge in a guilt-free treat that will leave your taste buds singing. Get ready to experience a showstopping creation that blends taste and visual appeal to satisfy your dessert cravings.
Keto Blueberry Cheesecake
Are you seeking a dessert that’s both keto-friendly and delicious? Look no further, as a Blueberry Cheesecake is the perfect sweet finale for a meal. If you’re hosting a gathering, or even celebrating the 30th birthday of a blueberry-lover, this dessert won’t disappoint.
Putting together this Blueberry Cheesecake is genuinely straightforward and requires only a few ingredients. Don’t worry about the common diet restrictions, as the recipe involves no grains, no sugar, and no nuts. Yet, your taste buds will experience a silky, rich, and creamy texture, complemented by the fresh juiciness of blueberries.
The cheesecake balances various flavors, with a hint of tanginess, a touch of sweetness, and just the right amount of blueberries. Try serving it at your next event, and watch as your guests rave about how it compares to the tastiest cheesecakes out there—all while remaining keto and low carb!
Ingredients for a Blueberry Cheesecake
For the Cheesecake
- Pie crust (8-inch): Be sure to choose one that bakes similarly to a regular pie crust.
- Cream cheese: Aim for block cream cheese to prevent a fragile cheesecake.
- Vanilla extract: This is essential for a delightful cheesecake flavor.
- Sour cream: Enhances the creaminess and adds a slight tang, substitute with full fat Greek yogurt if desired.
- Superfine granulated sweetener: Can also use erythritol or monk fruit sweetener with a flour-like texture.
- Almond flour: Provides a bit of thickness and stability to the cheesecake.
- Eggs: Ensure they are at room temperature.
- Blueberries: Use only a handful to mix into the cheesecake, the rest are for topping. Thaw frozen blueberries to avoid excess moisture.
For the Topping
- Blueberries: Fresh or frozen work well, no need to thaw if using frozen.
- Coconut flour: Offers a slightly binding texture without thickening the sauce too much.
- Water: A small amount is needed to simmer the blueberries, but keto maple syrup can be used for extra sweetness.
How to Create a Keto Blueberry Cheesecake
Begin by gently beating cream cheese until it’s smooth. Then, mix in sour cream, vanilla extract, sweetener, and almond flour until well combined. Incorporate eggs one by one, making sure to mix just enough. Finally, add blueberries and stir gently using a rubber spatula.
Place the cheesecake filling into a springform pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 70 minutes. The top should be firm, but it should still jiggle slightly when touched. Allow cheesecake to cool before refrigerating for at least 4 hours or overnight.
After the cheesecake has chilled, prepare the blueberry topping. Coat blueberries in coconut flour and place them in a small saucepan. Add water/syrup and heat on low until it simmers and thickens. Pour the topping over the cheesecake and refrigerate for an additional 2 hours. Enjoy your delicious no-bake keto cheesecake with blueberries!
Inventive Pie Crust Concepts
If you’re seeking a unique and low-carb pie crust idea, why not give almond flour or coconut flour crusts a try? Both of these flours offer a delightful alternative to traditional crusts. For instance, you could use a coconut flour pie crust for various pies, whereas adopting an almond flour crust adds that extra touch to a cheesecake.
To create an almond flour crust, gather the following ingredients: 1 1/2 cups almond flour, 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup granulated sweetener of your choice, and a pinch of salt. Combine these ingredients until they achieve a crumbly texture. Then, place the mixture in an 8-inch pie pan or glass dish. Bake at 180C/350F for 10 minutes, allowing it to cool before adding your favorite cheesecake filling. Enjoy your delicious and inventive pie crust!
Expert Advice for a Flawless Keto Blueberry Cheesecake
To achieve the perfect keto blueberry cheesecake, follow these friendly tips:
- Be mindful not to overbeat the cream cheese while making the filling, as it can lead to cracks in the final product.
- Keep in mind that oven temperatures and cooking times may vary. Your cheesecake is ready when it is firm to touch yet slightly jiggly. Don’t worry, it will continue to set as it cools and is refrigerated.
- Feel free to prepare the cheesecake up to 3 days ahead, but store the topping separately until about 3 hours before serving.
- Get creative with the berries! Swap blueberries for strawberries or blackberries for a delicious twist.
Is this a no carb cheesecake?
Though incredibly low in carbohydrates, this cheesecake isn’t entirely carb-free. Each delightful slice contains just 2 grams of net carbs. To minimize carbs further, skip the blueberry topping and enjoy with whipped cream or whipped coconut cream instead. Embrace your keto diet with this low carb cheesecake!
Can I Create This Egg-Free?
Although replacing eggs with substitutes didn’t work in this recipe, you can still enjoy an eggless cheesecake! Simply make this cheesecake and add the blueberry topping over it for a delicious and egg-free alternative. Enjoy!
Are Blueberries Keto-friendly?
Yes, blueberries can be a delightful low carb fruit choice for your keto diet. In each 100-gram serving (equivalent to a cup), they deliver only 60 calories and 3 grams of net carbs. So, go ahead and relish them regularly.
Storing and Freezing Tips
Keep your blueberry cheesecake fresh by storing it in the refrigerator, fully covered or in an airtight container. Your cheesecake will stay tasty for up to a week when refrigerated. To freeze portions, simply place them in a sealable container and pop it in the freezer for up to 6 months. When you’re ready to enjoy, thaw the slices at room temperature for several hours before serving.
More Keto Desserts to Try
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Keto Blueberry Cheesecake
- 8 inch pie crust of your choice See the "Notes" section below
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream or full fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sweetener of your choice blended (Refer to "Notes" below)
- 2 tablespoons almond flour blanched almond flour recommended
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup blueberries
For the blueberry topping
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat your oven to 160C/320F. Prepare an 8-inch springform pan with the crust of your choice and line it with paper for easy removal.
- Using a stand mixer, gently beat your softened cream cheese until smooth (Avoid overbeating, to prevent cracks). Add the flour, vanilla extract, sour cream, and sugar, and mix until just combined. Add the eggs one at a time, stopping once the mixture is smooth. Fold in the blueberries using a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the cheesecake filling into the pie crust and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until the tops are set and the filling slightly jiggles when touched.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool completely before refrigerating overnight. Once chilled, cover with the blueberry topping and refrigerate for an additional 2 hours to firm up.
To make the blueberry topping
- Toss the blueberries in coconut flour and place them in a small saucepan with water. Heat until the mixture starts bubbling and thickens.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make keto-friendly cheesecake with a pecan crust?
To make a keto cheesecake with pecan crust, follow these steps:
- Crust: Combine ground pecans, melted butter, and a low-carb sweetener of your choice. Press the mixture into the bottom of a springform pan.
- Filling: Mix softened cream cheese, low-carb sweetener, eggs, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Pour on top of the prepared crust.
- Bake: Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F for 40-50 minutes or until just set. Let it cool completely before serving.
What’s the process for making keto blueberry cheesecake mousse?
Create a delicious blueberry cheesecake mousse by following these steps:
- Mousse: Blend cream cheese, heavy cream, lemon juice, low-carb sweetener, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Blueberry sauce: Cook blueberries with a low-carb sweetener and lemon juice until syrupy.
- Assemble: Layer mousse and blueberry sauce in small serving containers. Refrigerate until set.
Which ingredients are needed for keto blueberry cheesecake muffins?
Gather these ingredients for keto blueberry cheesecake muffins:
- Almond flour
- Erythritol or other low-carb sweetener
- Baking powder
- Cream cheese
- Fresh or frozen blueberries
- Vanilla extract
How do I create keto blueberry cheesecake bites?
Follow these steps to make keto blueberry cheesecake bites:
- Crust: Combine almond flour, sweetener, and melted butter. Press into a greased mini muffin pan.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese, sweetener, eggs, blueberries, and vanilla extract until smooth. Spoon over crust.
- Bake: Bake at 325°F for 15-20 minutes. Cool completely and enjoy.
What steps should I take to make a keto blueberry lemon cheesecake?
To make a keto blueberry lemon cheesecake, follow these steps:
- Crust: Combine almond flour, sweetener, and melted butter. Press into a springform pan.
- Filling: Mix cream cheese, sweetener, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest until smooth. Fold in blueberries and pour on top of the crust.
- Bake: Bake at 325°F for 40-50 minutes. Let it cool completely before serving.
Can I get a recipe for a keto blueberry cheesecake smoothie?
For a keto blueberry cheesecake smoothie, blend the following ingredients:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 tbsp low-carb sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A handful of ice cubes
Enjoy your smoothie immediately after blending.