Are you looking for a delicious dessert that fits your keto, low-carb lifestyle? Say hello to this smooth and creamy five-ingredient chocolate cheesecake! Not only is it dairy-free and sugar-free, but you can enjoy it with or without a crust.
With just one gram of net carbs per slice, you can’t afford to miss this mouthwatering keto chocolate cheesecake. It’s the perfect guilt-free treat and your taste buds are sure to thank you!
Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Indulge in this delightful keto chocolate cheesecake that’s perfect for chocolate lovers like you. This easy, no-bake recipe requires only 5 ingredients, making it a convenient choice for hot days when you’re craving a sweet treat.
What sets this keto-friendly variant apart from other low-carb cheesecakes is the use of real chocolate instead of cocoa powder. This simple swap enhances both the flavor and texture of the dessert, creating a delightful experience reminiscent of a thick, chocolate mousse pie.
To make this delectable dessert, you don’t even need an oven, and you can customize it with an optional crust if you prefer. Ideal for fans of New York cheesecake, peanut butter cheesecake, gluten-free chocolate cheesecake or death by chocolate cheesecake, this no-bake keto chocolate cheesecake recipe promises to be a crowd-pleaser. Enjoy a rich and creamy chocolate delight without compromising your keto lifestyle!
How to Make a Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
- Cocoa Product – Choose either sugar-free chocolate chips or a chopped unsweetened chocolate bar.
- Cream Cheese – Opt for either dairy-free or traditional cream cheese. Remember to choose a high-quality brand.
- Sweetener – Use sugar-free powdered sweetener. If not available, blend erythritol or monk fruit sweetener until it becomes powder-like.
- Heavy Cream – Adds thickness and richness to the cheesecake.
- Vanilla Extract – Enhances the flavor of the low-carb chocolate cheesecake.
- If you decide to include a crust, prepare it first. For a crustless version, lightly grease an 8-inch springform pan or glass pan with cooking spray.
- Melt your cocoa powder product (either sugar-free chocolate chips or unsweetened chocolate bar) until smooth and silky. Set it aside.
- Blend the cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Add the melted cocoa product to the blend and continue mixing until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until medium peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate-cheese mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan or onto the prepared cheesecake crust.
- Chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator until it firms up.
- If desired, add an extra chocolate ganache topping before serving. Enjoy your keto chocolate cheesecake!
Substitute Options for Heavy Cream
If you’re looking for a dairy-free and vegan alternative to heavy cream, canned coconut cream is an excellent choice. This option works well in recipes like chocolate ganache and should be suitable for your dish.
When using coconut cream as a heavy cream substitute, ensure it’s full fat and chilled for the best results.
Chocolate Crust Varieties
When it comes to chocolate crust options, you have plenty of choices. You can opt for a store-bought crust or even go crustless. To create a delicious low carb chocolate crust at home, start by blending 2 cups of almonds, 2 tablespoons of cacao powder, 2 tablespoons of keto-friendly syrup, 1 tablespoon of sweetener, and a pinch of salt. Once the mixture is thick and well combined, press it firmly into an 8-inch pan. Make this crust before preparing the chocolate cheesecake to enjoy a delightful treat.
Helpful Hints for Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake
When making a low carb chocolate cheesecake, here are some useful tips to follow:
- Opt for high-quality cream cheese or dairy-free cream cheese to get the perfect texture. Low-quality options may contain more water, affecting the end result.
- If using a chocolate bar, don’t forget to chop it before melting.
- The chocolate ganache topping is a matter of preference. If you’re using it, place the no-bake cheesecake mixture in the freezer while preparing the ganache. Otherwise, refrigerate the cheesecake to set it.
- While whipping the whipped cream, stop at medium peaks for a smoother texture that blends easily with the chocolate mixture.
- To achieve the desired consistency, use chocolate chips or chocolate bars instead of cocoa powder.
Remember to have your ingredients, such as eggs and sour cream, at room temperature for a smooth cheesecake, and avoid over-exaggerating or making false claims. Enjoy your delicious, no-bake, low carb chocolate cheesecake!
To keep your chocolate cheesecake fresh, store it in the refrigerator while fully covered for up to 7 days. If you prefer a thicker cheesecake, storing it in the freezer is an excellent option. Just make sure it’s in an airtight, freezer-friendly container. Your tasty treat will stay delectable for at least 6 months when stored this way. Remember to use plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or an airtight container to keep your cheesecake in perfect condition!
Tantalizing Flavor Twists
To create unique, delightful tastes, you can adopt these ideas:
- Vegan Keto Chocolate Cheesecake: Swap out for dairy-free cream cheese and choose an alternative to heavy cream.
- Espresso-Infused Cheesecake: Simply mix in a teaspoon of espresso powder into the cheesecake batter.
- Raspberry-Adorned Cheesecake: Grace your cheesecake with a drizzle of homemade raspberry sauce, using raspberries and a touch of keto-friendly maple syrup.
- Ultra-Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake: Lessen the carb count even more by opting for unsweetened baker’s chocolate instead of sugar-free chocolate chips. Enjoy your delectable cheesecake creations!
Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
- Springform pan
- Food processor
- Parchment paper
- Electric mixer
- 1 cup chocolate chips sugar-free or unsweetened
- 2 cups cream cheese dairy-free, if needed
- 2/3 cup sugar-free powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream see notes for vegan and dairy-free substitutes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Choose an 8-inch store-bought crust, make your own, or simply grease an 8-inch circular pan.
- Melt dark chocolate in a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl and let it cool slightly.
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract by mixing well. Add the melted chocolate and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until medium peaks form. Gently fold this into the cheesecake mixture.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the prepared crust or pan and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, allowing it to firm up. Optional: add ganache or frosting on top.
Remember to have fun while exploring other keto-friendly dessert options such as the keto cinnamon rolls, chocolate and vanilla ice cream, caramel brownies, and coconut macaroons. Enjoy your guilt-free, low carb treat!
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the top no-bake keto chocolate cheesecake recipe?
No-bake keto chocolate cheesecake can be made with simple ingredients like almond flour, cocoa powder, cream cheese, heavy cream, sweetener, and chocolate. This recipe requires no baking, just refrigerate until set!
|Almond flour||1 cup|
|Cocoa powder||3 tbsp|
|Cream cheese||16 oz|
|Heavy cream||1 cup|
How do I create a simple keto chocolate cheesecake?
A basic keto chocolate cheesecake consists of a chocolate almond crust and a creamy, chocolaty filling. Start by making the crust with almond flour, cocoa powder, and a sugar substitute. Then prepare the filling using cream cheese, heavy cream, a sweetener, and chocolate. Combine the crust and filling, refrigerate it, and enjoy!
Which type of cocoa powder is suitable for keto chocolate cheesecake?
Opt for unsweetened cocoa powder to keep your keto chocolate cheesecake low-carb. Dutch-processed (alkalized) cocoa powder has a milder taste, whereas natural cocoa powder is more acidic and may require additional sweetener.
What are the 4 main ingredients for a simplified keto chocolate cheesecake?
A simplified keto chocolate cheesecake can be made with just four ingredients:
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Sweetener (such as erythritol or stevia)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
Keep in mind that this recipe will not have a crust, but it still offers a delicious, keto-friendly dessert.
How do I prepare keto chocolate cheesecake mousse?
Keto chocolate cheesecake mousse is a quick, crustless alternative to a traditional cheesecake. To make it, simply combine softened cream cheese, heavy cream, sweetener, and cocoa powder in a bowl and mix until smooth and creamy. Optionally, you can add in some vanilla extract. Chill the mixture for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Are there any keto chocolate cheesecake bar recipes?
Definitely! Keto chocolate cheesecake bars can be made by preparing a simple keto chocolate almond crust and a cream cheese-based chocolate filling. Press the crust into a square pan, spread the filling over the crust, and refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars and enjoy!