Take a Look ↓↓↓
If you are a big fan of , cooking dinners regularly then this is a recipe you will just love. This is one of my favorites.
The delicious with some and make for a wonderful taste experience. Make sure you use (or ) and for the best version of this .
Great for adults and kids, it is juicy, fast and easy to make, and has a nice crispy crunch on the outside. It can be paired with pasta based foods or potatoes and it is just what you need as a fan of chicken dishes.
If you thoroughly enjoy fried chicken dishes this will give you all you need.
There is no need to go to the local fast-food diner, you can just make this, healthier and even more delicious dish from the confines of your own home.
In this recipe guide, we will talk you through the ingredients you need to make it, how to make it, what the best ways to do it are, as well as how to serve reheat and what the nutrition is.
We have everything covered for you so that you can enjoy your delicious chicken dish perfectly.
Today we are going to tell you how to make Parmesan Crusted Chicken seared in a pan, as this is what we find to be the best way to make this dish.
What you need
- An egg.
- Salt and pepper.
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated, shredded, or however you prefer.
- ½ a cup of bread crumbs.
- ¼ a cup of flour (plain flour will do).
- 1lb of chicken breasts (these should be thin, we recommend four pieces for four servings- add one piece per serving if you need to make more)
- 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Before we delve into the recipe, let’s have a look at a few things that you should consider before you start making.
This can help you to make the right choices in the kitchen for your tastes and will help you create the best dish you can.
What kind of Chicken should I use?
The best chicken to use should be thin, flat, and even. If your chicken is fairly bulky then it is best to slice it horizontally.
You want to have 4 fairly even chicken fillets, so if you feel they are too thick then slice them evenly. You could even use chicken tenders if this is easier for you.
What should I use to season the Chicken Breasts?
This is up to you. However, we recommend salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. You can get some pre-made mixtures if you want to make things simpler.
But, we find that mixing it all up yourself allows you to design the flavor to your tastes. As some people may prefer less garlic powder, whereas some may prefer more.
What cheese should I use, and how should I prepare it?
You should use parmesan cheese, as it is a parmesan-crusted dish. You can use store-bought pre-shredded parmesan or you can buy a block and shred it yourself.
We suggest shredding it yourself as this will often offer you the opportunity to get the consistency and thickness in the cheese that you want.
Store-bought pre-shredded may be too big or too small for your liking so shredding yourself can often be a good way to get the consistency that you desire in your dish.
If you grow your own herbs and spices, or you like to buy them fresh you can use these for an extra boost in flavor. We would recommend rosemary and thyme for this, it will add more of a fresh flavor than traditional pre-made Italian seasoning.
Growing your own herbs can be very useful if you spend a lot of time in the kitchen, as it allows you to use fresher ingredients, which will often add that something special to your dish.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, shredded, or however you prefer
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup flour (plain flour will do)
- 1 lb chicken breasts (these should be thin, we recommend four pieces for four servings- add one piece per serving if you need to make more)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- First of all, you want to dry the chicken with a paper towel and prepare two bowls. In one bowl you will put the egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Don’t forget to whisk the egg mixture.
- Your second bowl is for your parmesan, bread crumbs, and flour.
- Now that your bowls are prepared with their individual mixtures, you need to soak the chicken breast piece into the egg and seasoning mixture, making sure that it is covered. Once it is coated in this mixture, place it into your second bowl, coating it in the parmesan mixture. Do this side by side to ensure that every part of your chicken is coated in the tasty mixture. Do this for each chicken piece. Once you are done place your chicken onto a flat surface, a clean cutting board will do.
- Get your skillet/pan (stainless steel or non-stick are the best in our opinion). Set it on medium heat and melt your butter and add in your olive oil.
- Place your delicious parmesan crusted chicken pieces into your skillet/pan and cook for a few minutes on one side. To prevent the cheese from sliding off before it adheres to the surface of your chicken, press down lightly with a spatula or a flat end of your tongs. Turn the chicken over once one side is done, do this with tongs to avoid losing any of the coatings, and repeat. Cook for not more than 8 minutes in total per piece of chicken. If you have a timer this is a good way to manage your cooking time.
- The best way to check your chicken is done is to cut it open. The middle is the hardest part to chook and the last part to receive heat, so cut it to see the middle. If it is not cooked through, place your pan on low heat and cook for a few more minutes. Once it is done serve up immediately and enjoy! Well done!
Sometimes when you cook a new dish, you over-anticipate how much you will need, and you end up with leftovers that you just don’t want to throw away.
Sometimes you need to reheat the food for a family member returning from work a little later than anticipated. We’ve all been there, and we know that sometimes it can be a bit difficult to know if something, in particular, can be reheated or even how it should be reheated.
If you do find that you need to reheat, we recommend doing so in the oven, keep your chicken away from the microwave, as microwaving often takes all the moisture from the meat, which is not what you want here, you just want it warm and crispy again.
With this particular dish, if you were to microwave it, you may find that the meat would be dry and the crust would be a bit soggy from the moisture being transferred there by the microwaves. So it is best to just use the oven. If you preheat your oven it should not take too long to reheat.
However, it also matches well with many pasta dishes, and especially well with pasta and white sauce. It is very versatile, so adventure around with what you will pair it with.