Why You’ll Fall In Love With Egg Noodles
- Simple to Make With A Handful of Ingredients – There aren’t many ingredients you can make from scratch that are as easy to make as homemade egg noodles recipe. With only four ingredients that you can easily find in any grocery store, you won’t have any trouble making your egg noodle recipes regardless of where you are in the world. Not only are they easy to make but they practically take no time to cook either. Once you have them prepped and ready, the total cooking time is around 20 minutes so you’ll still have plenty of time to worry about dessert.
- You Don’t Need Fancy Equipment – You don’t need to be in a commercial kitchen with restaurant-quality pasta machine in order to make your egg noodles. Stainless steel won’t make your egg noodles taste any better, you can still have authentic noodles without dishing out a ton of money on equipment. You’ll be able to whip together some fresh noodles with just the utensils you have laying around your kitchen. You’ll even be able to find a workaround if you don’t have the exact equipment that is listed below so don’t head to the kitchen store and blow all your money.
- The Amazing Taste – Sure, you can head to the store right now and pick up your own egg noodle pasta without any of the effort. But, once you make them fresh, you’ll understand exactly why all the time put in is worth it. There is simply no substitution for making fresh noodles from scratch. The flavor and texture will be incomparable to the store-bought egg noodles, you won’t even be able to tell they are the same thing. All your hard work will pay off when you take that first bite of deliciousness.
Take a Look ↓↓↓
No chef course is required for you to whip up these homemade egg noodle in your own kitchen. You’ll only need four essential ingredients that you can find in practically any store around town.
Egg yolk, flour, milk, and salt are the only four ingredients it takes to create a recipe that you can use for the rest of your life. You can substitute some of these ingredients like using wheat flour instead of white flour.
Once you cook your noodles you can always add additional ingredients like chicken breast, sour cream, soy sauce, and ground beef.
How You Can Make Egg Noodles:
Make Dough: Your first step to making mouth-watering egg noodles is to make the fresh pasta dough. To do this, you’ll combine three of the ingredients together including the milk, salt, and eggs. Adding the flour is a two-step process when making dough. First, add in one cup of flour until everything is nice and smooth. Then, keep adding your additional flour just one spoonful at a time until you notice that the dough is forming a ball. It should be a little sticky when you’re all done.
Knead: Next, it’s time to knead the dough you just created. Start by dumping the entire ball of dough out onto a flat surface that has been pretreated with flour. Cover your own hands with some flour so they don’t stick to your down and start kneading the dough by hand until you get all the stickiness out. The whole process should only take a few minutes. Once you’re done, allow it all to sit for approximately 10 minutes.
Roll Out: Take out your trusted rolling pin and roll your dough flat to about 1/4 inch or about the thickness of a paper. You’ll want to make sure your counter surface is treated with flour again because the thinner dough will be easily ripped if it happens to stick on the surface.
Cut Noodles: Next comes the tricky part. You’ll start cutting the noodles by hand using either a pizza cutter or any sharp knife. The pizza cutter will make the process much easier because you can usually cut the pieces in one motion instead of having to start and stop with a sharp knife. Start cutting the noodles into long strips of whatever thickness you prefer. This is where your creativity can come in because you can manipulate the pieces to make them wide egg noodles or even twist them to give them some aesthetic beauty.
Cook and Serve: The moment you’ve been waiting for! Bring a pot of water to boiling and then toss in your noodles to cook. They should be tender when biting but still have some firmness. A couple of minutes is all it should really take. When they’re done, drain the water and add some butter to the noodles till they are covered evenly. Throw some parmesan cheese on top and voila, you have buttered noodles!
Tips To Make Your Egg Noodles Perfect:
This Recipe Really Is Easy – There is no need to be intimated when you’re making homemade noodles from scratch. This really is a basic recipe that will work every time if you stick to the measurements listed in the ingredients section and follow all of the steps above. It’s nothing like working with pastry dough or a pie crust where there’s a high risk of it not turning out perfectly. You could mix the dough forever and it’s still going to turn out just as good as every other time you make them. You can always sprinkle a little water or milk if you feel the dough is getting too dry. Anytime you feel the dough is stickier than you’d like, just toss some more flour on the counter or on your hands.
Allow Your Dough To Rest: One of the biggest issues when making dough for egg noodles is that it starts to shrink after you’ve cut it. The best way to avoid this problem is to allow the dough to rest for 10-15 minutes before you even start rolling it out. This will give the flour time to really absorb all the liquid, which in turn allows it to be more malleable when kneading and rolling. You can also refrigerate your dough if you’re planning on making them later or if you want to keep the dough from becoming too sticky. You should also let the dough rest right after you roll it out so it takes the exact shape you want.
Alternative Tips for Making Egg Noodles:
Making Your Dough Ahead Of Time: The only problem to worry about when making your dough ahead of time is having all your pieces stick together. It will completely ruin all the time you took to make your dough. To help solve the problem, you want dried egg noodles by covering them with a kitchen towel, placing them on parchment paper, or putting them on a drying rack. This will help prevent any clumping that would have occurred if the dough was too wet. Once you’re done, place all your pieces in an air-tight container like a Ziplock bag or Tupperware container.
Cooking Your Egg Noodles: When you’re ready to cook your egg noodles all you have to do is add them to a pot of boiling liquid. Whether you use boiling water or a boiling soup, both work to cook your noodles to perfection. A egg noodle soup is a bit easier since you’re cooking everything all at once but a pot of boiling water allows you to use the noodles for whatever recipe you want like a creamy alfredo or a delicious ramen broth.
Freezing Your Egg Noodles: If you plan on freezing your dough before actually cooking your noodles, you’ll want to do it before you actually rough out your dough and cut the noodles. Keeping it together in one ball of dough will help it stay fresh longer. Use a freezer bag or airtight container so that not much oxygen actually makes it to the dough. You can freeze the dough after it has been cut but it may not last as long as it would have in one big ball.
Recipes with Egg Noodles:
- Chicken noodle casserole
- Beef stroganoff
- Alfredo Ramen
- Lasagna Cheesy noodles
- Bacon casserole
- Egg drop soup
- Beef noodle soup
- Chicken soup
- 2 Large organic eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour add more if needed
- In a large bowl add your salt, milk, and eggs together and mix until smooth. Add a cup of flour and mix until smooth. Continue adding additional flour a spoonful each time until the dough starts forming a ball but still has a slightly sticky feel.
- Dump the entire ball of dough out onto a flat surface that has been pretreated with flour. Knead the dough until it has no more stickiness. Let dough rest for about 10 minutes.
- Pretreat a counter with flour and roll out the dough until it's about paper thin.
- Cut your dough into long strips with either a knife or pizza cutter. Once cut, you can further shape your dough as much as you like.
- Bring a pot of water to boiling and add your noodles until the noodles are tender. Should take a couple of minutes. When they're done, drain the water and add some butter to the noodles till they are covered evenly. Eat immediately or add the noodles to a recipe like chicken noodle soup or beef stroganoff.
- How To Cook Corn On the Cob (Our Best Ways) - February 14, 2023
- How to Cook Pinto Beans on the Stovetop - February 13, 2023
- How to Make Risotto - February 13, 2023