Take a Look ↓↓↓
Ramen noodles are a favorite snack for many. They are so easy to make and can be cooked in just a few minutes!
Where did ramen noodles originate and how did they become so popular? Ramen has been around for a long time, and this dish got its start in Japan. Ramen noodles are usually wheat noodles that are served in meat-based broths.
Generally, ramen noodles are flavored with miso or soy sauce. You can have plain ramen noodles, but traditionally, ramen has toppings such as dried seaweed (nori), sliced pork, green onions, and menma. Every Japanese region has its own ramen variation, so ramen is extremely diverse and versatile. Some food historians say that ramen noodles were introduced to Japan in the 1660s.
But have you ever thought about turning your ramen noodles into more of a nutritious meal with a little protein and some veggies?
Ramen noodles can be easily turned into a full meal and cooked into a stir fry with just a few of our handy tips and our simple healthy ramen noodle stir fry recipe.
What are Ramen Noodles?
Ramen noodles are instant noodles that are sold pre-cooked and in a dried block ready to be heated and boiled for serving. These types of noodles are typically sold in a packet, with a flavoring sachet for a easily prepared snack particularly loved by college students.
Ramen noodles are so well loved for their convenience. Within just a few moments you can have a filling meal in your hands.
Not only are these noodles super tasty, but they are also budget friendly, and can be purchased for around 50 cents a pack!
How can Ramen Noodles be healthy?
Ramen noodles are tasty snacks that everyone enjoys, however, just eating plain ramen noodles can be a little carbohydrate heavy, and so you can change the ingredients a little to make a healthy alternative.
Ramen noodles by themselves often come with a flavor packet. These packets of seasoning can contain a lot of sodium and MSG, which really cannot be good for you, so we have made this recipe to fix the problem.
With this recipe, you will have a tasty homemade stir fry sauce to go on top, with all of the flavors of mixed vegetables and ground beef too!
This method includes all of the convenience of instant ramen noodles, whilst incorporating healthy vegetables, homemade sauce and lean meat for a fast, simple and tasty meal that is delicate on the waistline!
How to make a healthy Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
This is one of my favorite . For this , you will need at least two packets of instant ramen noodles, which will be the base of the stir fry. It does not matter which flavor they are as you will be discarding the flavor sachet and just using the plain noodles. We recommend using 2 packets of noodles, or around 3 oz.
can be made. It’s all about the other ingredients. The is a small part. Vegetables like , , or and the are key to this . I do love noodles with . I’ll try to share that shortly.
The first thing you want to do is boil up your noodles. Add them to a pan of boiling water on a medium heat and they should be cooked in around 2-3 minutes. Whilst these cook, you can move onto preparing the rest of the stir fry.
To make your stir fry, you will need to cook up your veggies in a little oil in a medium sized skillet. In your skillet, you will want to saute your bell pepper, broccoli, garlic and onion for about 2-3 minutes until they are soft and tender.
Once your veggies have cooked, you should remove them from the skillet and add in the ground beef, cooking until all of the pink color has browned completely.
With your beef cooked, you can then drain the excess liquid and place your vegetables back in the skillet, too.
Then, you will want to add in your sauce for flavor. To make the homemade stir fry sauce, all you have to do is mix together some brown sugar, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and garlic until it is combined.
Add your sauce into your beef and veggies, and go check on your noodles. Once the noodles are cooked, you can toss them in with your beef and vegetables, mixing together until combined completely.
Finish off the healthy, homemade stir fry with a few chopped up scallions or even some sesame seeds for a little garnish, and you are ready to serve!
Our Top Tip
You can even top your homemade healthy ramen stir fry with a boiled egg for an authentic touch in your meal and an extra burst of protein in your diet!
Healthy Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
- 6 oz. Ramen Noodles 2 packets without the seasonings
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- ½ a head Broccoli
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Small amount Salt and Pepper
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 clove Garlic Minced
- 1 Chopped Scallion
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- First cook up your ramen noodles in boiling water, following the instructions on the packet, but removing the flavoring sachet. Place the noodles to one side.
- In a large skillet, heat up a little oil and add your bell pepper, onion, and broccoli to the pan, cooking over a medium heat until tender. Cook for five minutes and remove from the pan.
- Add your ground beef to the pan, seasonings with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and cook until browned for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the fat from the beef and return your pre-cooked vegetables to the skillet with the beef.
- Then, you will want to make the sauce by whisking together brown sugar, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic and a little sriracha.
- Add your cooked ramen noodles to the skillet with your beef and veggies and pour over the sauce. Stir and toss together until mixed, and finish it off with a few scallions for garnish.
- Splatter Guards: Buyer’s Guide and 7 Best Picks - May 25, 2023
- Can I Refreeze Salmon and Is it Safe? - May 25, 2023
- Can You Microwave Cup Noodles - May 25, 2023