Take a Look ↓↓↓
Pork chops are so versatile and can be used to create some mouth-wateringly tasty dishes. A in a nice of makes for . You’ll love this
One of these dishes is Honey Balsamic Pork Chops. It combines both sweet and savory ingredients and provides the perfect balance of flavors. These in pack a punch. Through in some for extra .
In this article, we will be talking you through how to create the perfect Honey Balsamic Pork Chops.
We have included an easy recipe to follow and have included all of the equipment and ingredients you will need.
- Good quality cast iron skillet
- Chopping board
- Weighing scales
- Cooking stirrer
- Large plate
- Meat thermometer
Step One – Preparing The Sauce Ingredients
Before you begin preparing your pork chops, we recommend that you prepare all of the ingredients needed for the honey balsamic glaze.
You will want to cut up the scallions, garlic and place them into a bowl with chopped rosemary and thyme.
Step Two – Preparing Your Pork Chops
To begin with, place your 450g of pork chops onto a chopping board. You will then want to take your pepper and salt and use this to season the pork chops.
You will want to use a good amount and ensure that you have covered the top, bottom, and sides of the pork chops.
Step Three – Searing The Pork Chops
Your skillet should be placed on medium to high heat. Once the skillet has heated up, place your 17g of olive oil and butter into the pan. After a minute or so, the olive oil and butter will begin to bubble, which signifies that it is time to sear the pork chops.
You do not want to overcook the pork chops at this stage as this will ruin the overall taste. You should cook the pork chops for around six minutes in total, being sure to turn over the chops halfway through searing.
After six minutes, take the pork chops from the pan and leave them on a plate to rest. As they will be reheated, do not worry if they are not fully cooked at this stage.
Step Four – Creating The Honey Balsamic Sauce
First, add half of the butter (12g) to the pan. Then add the herbs, scallions, and garlic. These should cook evenly for around two to three minutes, you will want to ensure that they do not burn.
Next, you will want to add the wet ingredients that will form the main body of the sauce. Add 32g balsamic vinegar and honey to the pan, along with the remaining 12g of butter. Keep stirring the mixture occasionally, while keeping a consistent heat.
After around two to three minutes, you will want to add the 34g of Dijon mustard. The mustard will begin to thicken the sauce, which will likely be fairly watery at this stage. You can also add a small amount of salt and pepper to taste if needed.
Step Five – Reheating The Pork Chops
After you have added all of the ingredients for the Honey Balsamic sauce and you have let it simmer for a few minutes, you will want to place your pork chops back in the pan to reheat.
When adding the pork chops, ensure that they are suitably covered. In addition to this, you will want to reheat them sufficiently, ensuring that they are cooked thoroughly.
The pork chops should reach a temperature of at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit before you take them out of the skillet. This is the temperature they reach when they are safe to consume. You can use a meat thermometer to check the temperature.
Once the pork chops are covered in the sauce and heated, your pork chops are ready to serve. Place them onto a plate with any accompanying dishes and serve! We would recommend mashed potatoes and green vegetables to serve with this dish.
Honey Balsamic Pork Chops
Ingredients for Pork Chops
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb. pork chop
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Italian seasoning
Ingredients for Honey Balsamic Sauce:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 scallions chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp honey dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Preparing Pork Chops – Generously season 4 thick pork chops with salt pepper and Italian seasoning Add 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter to the hot pan until bubbly. Add pork chops and sear on each side for 3 minutes on medium high heat for a total of 6 minutes. Make sure to not go over 6 minutes since we will be reheating the pork chops in the sauce later on. Remove pork chops from the pan.
- Preparing The Sauce – Add 1 tbsp butter to the now empty pan and add chopped scallions, garlic, fresh chopped rosemary and thyme. Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat. Next, add 2nd tablespoon butter, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup honey and cook until well incorporated, approximately 2 minutes. Now add 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard – this will thicken the sauce. Taste the sauce and add salt, if necessary.
- Add pork chops back to the pan and reheat spooning the sauce all over. This will allow pork chops to finish cooking. Pork chops internal temperature should be 145 F.