When thinking of a satisfying and delicious meal, Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Chicken should definitely be on your radar. This comforting dish combines tender chicken, savory mushrooms, and nutrient-rich spinach all brought together by a luxurious, velvety sauce. It is not only packed with flavor, but also simple to prepare, making it a well-deserving addition to your dinner table.
Take a Look ↓↓↓
As you begin to make this dish, you’ll notice that it incorporates a variety of wholesome ingredients that ensure this meal is both nutritious and tasty. The mushrooms add a delightful earthy note, while the spinach contributes a touch of freshness to the dish. The scrumptious cream sauce, enriched with Parmesan cheese, ties everything together, creating an irresistible harmony of flavors that you and your family will love.
Moreover, this Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Chicken recipe is quite versatile, adapting effortlessly to your dietary needs and preferences. With options to make it gluten-free, low-carb, or even dairy-free, you can feel confident in serving this delectable meal to an array of dinner guests, knowing they will be both satisfied and impressed.
To create this delicious creamy spinach and mushroom chicken dish, you’ll need the following main ingredients:
- Chicken: You can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs. Both will give you tender and flavorful results.
- Mushrooms: Sliced mushrooms, such as white button or cremini, work best in this recipe. They add an earthy flavor and a nice texture to the dish.
- Spinach: Both baby spinach and mature spinach can be used, but baby spinach is more tender and cooks more quickly. Other leafy greens such as kale or swiss chard can also make a delicious and nutritious substitute.
- Cream: Heavy cream or half-and-half can be used to create the creamy sauce. You may choose according to your preference and dietary restrictions.
You’ll also need a few additional ingredients for the flavor and to create the sauce:
- Butter and olive oil: These will be used for sautéing the chicken, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic cloves are the best choice for a more intense garlic flavor. However, if you don’t have fresh garlic on hand, garlic powder can be used as a substitute.
- Flour: A small amount of flour is added to the sauce to help thicken it up. You can use all-purpose flour or a gluten-free alternative.
- Chicken broth: Chicken broth adds moisture and flavor to the dish. Using a low-sodium option is recommended to better control the salt level.
- Parmesan cheese: Freshly grated parmesan cheese adds a rich, nutty flavor to the sauce. It’s best to avoid pre-grated parmesan, which may contain additives that could affect the sauce’s texture.
- Seasoning: Salt, black pepper, and dried oregano are used to season the dish. Feel free to adjust the amounts according to your taste preferences.
- Garnish(Optional): Fresh parsley adds a pop of color and a bright, fresh flavor to the finished dish.
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, be sure to have a good quality skillet and some crusty bread on hand to serve with this delectable dish. Enjoy your creamy spinach and mushroom chicken!
To prepare this delicious creamy spinach and mushroom chicken dish, start by gathering your ingredients. This recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken thighs, pre-sliced cremini mushrooms, fresh spinach, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and a touch of cream to bring it all together. You can serve it over your choice of pasta or rice.
First, prepare your main course by cutting your chicken thighs into small, easily manageable pieces. Season the chicken with salt and pepper according to your taste. Next, clean and dry your spinach, ensuring there are no tough stems. Also, make sure to roughly chop the pre-sliced mushrooms if you prefer smaller pieces.
In a large stainless steel skillet, heat some oil or butter over medium heat. Place your seasoned chicken pieces into the skillet, making sure each piece has enough room to cook evenly. Cook the chicken until it’s golden brown, turning occasionally for even cooking.
Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the skillet and set it aside. In the same skillet, add your chopped mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms until they release their moisture and start to brown. Don’t worry too much about the fond (the brown bits) at the bottom of the skillet at this point, as they will add flavor to the dish.
After the mushrooms are cooked, add your fresh spinach to the skillet. Cook the spinach just enough to wilt it, making sure not to overcook it and lose its vibrant green color. Now, it’s time to bring everything together. Return the cooked chicken to the skillet with the mushrooms and spinach. Add a generous sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a splash of cream to create a rich and creamy sauce.
Stir the ingredients together, allowing the flavors to meld and the sauce to thicken slightly. When the chicken, mushrooms, and spinach are all coated in the creamy sauce, it’s time to serve this one-pan dinner. Enjoy the creamy spinach and mushroom chicken over your pasta or rice of choice, making sure to portion it according to your desired serving size.
Remember, this recipe is not only a delicious and satisfying main course but also a quick and easy one-pan dinner that’s perfect for busy weeknights. Enjoy your creamy skillet chicken with spinach and mushrooms while it’s warm, and don’t be surprised when it becomes a crowd-pleaser in your household!
To begin cooking your creamy spinach and mushroom chicken, first gather your ingredients and tools. You’ll need a large skillet, measuring utensils, and a cutting board. Ensure you have vegetable oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, half and half, and your chicken, spinach, and mushrooms.
Start by heating 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in your skillet over medium heat. As the oil heats up, season your chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to your taste. Once the oil is hot, place the chicken in the skillet and cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until it reaches a juicy and tender consistency. Monitor the chicken and adjust cook time as necessary to achieve desired doneness.
While the chicken is cooking, prepare your vegetables. Chop your mushrooms and set them aside. Next, if your spinach is not already pre-washed, rinse it and remove any excess water. Once the chicken is cooked, transfer it to a plate and tent it with foil to keep it warm.
In the same skillet, add the chopped mushrooms and cook them for 4-5 minutes, or until they are softened. Then, add 2 cups of spinach to the skillet and cook until wilted, which should take about 2 minutes.
Now you’ll create the creamy sauce. Pour 1 cup of half and half into the skillet, stirring and scraping to loosen any stuck-on bits from the pan. Let the sauce simmer and thicken for around 5-8 minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Finally, return your chicken to the skillet, nestling it into the sauce, spinach, and mushrooms. Cook everything together for an additional 2-3 minutes, ensuring the chicken is heated through and the flavors meld together.
Your total time from start to finish should be around 30-40 minutes, including prep time and cook time. This delicious and satisfying dish is now ready to be served and enjoyed!
This creamy spinach and mushroom chicken dish is perfect for a family dinner and offers a delightful plate of comfort food. Here are some serving suggestions to elevate your chicken dinner experience:
Serve your creamy spinach and mushroom chicken over a bed of pasta or rice. Both options will complement the rich flavors of the dish and create a more filling meal. Choose from a variety of pasta types such as fettuccine, penne, or spaghetti, or go for a healthier option like brown rice or quinoa.
You can also offer a choice of servings depending on your family’s preferences. A generous portion of the dish alongside a fresh, green salad will satisfy hearty appetites. For lighter fare, simply adjust the servings and serve with a side of steamed vegetables or a crisp Caesar salad.
To soak up the delicious, creamy sauce, pair your chicken dinner with some warm, crusty bread. The bread will act as the perfect vessel for savoring every last drop of the rich sauce. Choose a rustic baguette, ciabatta, or a hearty whole-grain loaf to add a satisfying crunch and enhance your meal.
Remember that presentation is key in making a dish truly memorable. Arrange the creamy spinach and mushroom chicken artfully on each plate, making sure to showcase the vibrant colors and textures. Your family will enjoy a sumptuous chicken dinner bursting with satisfying flavors. With these serving suggestions, you’ll create impressive and delectable comfort food that is sure to be a hit.
Variations and Tips
To make your creamy spinach and mushroom chicken dish even more delicious, consider these variations and tips.
For a uniform marinade of boneless chicken thighs, place them in a large resealable plastic bag. This allows for evenly coated chicken and easy clean up.
When it comes to mushrooms, brown mushrooms are an excellent choice for this dish. They provide a deeper, richer flavor and hold up well during cooking. Feel free to experiment with other types of mushrooms as well.
If you’re following a gluten-free diet, ensure all ingredients used in the recipe are gluten-free, including the base for the sauce. You can substitute with gluten-free flour or cornstarch to thicken the sauce without compromising taste or texture.
For a cheesier version of this dish, you can add grated cheese like mozzarella or cheddar in the final stages of cooking the sauce. This creates a melt-in-the-mouth, cheesy goodness that gets even better with every bite.
In case you have thick chicken breasts on hand, you can slice them horizontally or pound them to an even thickness. This ensures even cooking and a tender result.
Always remember to keep an eye on the cooking temperature and time to avoid overcooking the chicken. This guarantees a juicy, flavorsome dish that will leave your taste buds craving more.
Social Media Sharing
Sharing your creamy spinach and mushroom chicken recipe on social media platforms like Pinterest and Facebook can help you connect with fellow food enthusiasts and inspire others to try this delicious dish. Here’s how you can effectively use these platforms:
On Pinterest, high-quality visuals are key. Create a visually appealing pin with an enticing photo of the dish and a short description. Select appropriate keywords and food-related categories to ensure your pin reaches the right audience. Don’t forget to include a link to your blog or website in the pin for easy access to the full recipe.
When sharing your creamy spinach and mushroom chicken recipe on Facebook, consider the following steps:
- Post a high-quality photo of the dish along with a brief description and a link to your blog or website.
- Use relevant hashtags to increase the visibility of your post.
- Join cooking groups, food-related communities, or pages where you can share your recipe and engage with other food enthusiasts.
With these tips in mind, you will be able to effectively share your creamy spinach and mushroom chicken recipe with other food lovers, and encourage more people to try this mouthwatering dish. Remember, persistence and engagement with your social media audience are key factors in maximizing your reach.
Recipe Storage and Shelf Life
When it comes to storing your creamy spinach and mushroom chicken, proper storage is crucial to maintain the quality and taste. Refrigeration is recommended for this dish due to its dairy and chicken contents.
To store in the refrigerator, transfer the cooked creamy spinach and mushroom chicken into an airtight container and place it in the fridge within 2 hours of cooking. According to food safety guidelines, your dish should stay fresh for:
- Chicken: up to 3-4 days
- Creamy sauces: up to 3-5 days
For longer storage, you can also freeze the dish. Use freezer-safe containers, and ensure an airtight seal to prevent freezer burn. With this method, your creamy spinach and mushroom chicken can last:
- Chicken: up to 4-6 months
- Creamy sauces: up to 2-3 months
To reheat, keep in mind that the texture of the sauce might change slightly due to the dairy components. The best method for reheating is to slowly warm up the dish over low heat in a saucepan, allowing the ingredients to blend and regain their original consistency. If the dish seems too thick upon reheating, you can add a little milk to thin it down.
Remember, practice food safety by checking for signs of spoilage like off odors or mold before consuming any leftovers. Most importantly, trust your senses when determining the dish’s edibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a healthy alternative to cream in spinach and mushroom chicken?
You can use Greek yogurt or a non-dairy milk, such as almond or coconut milk, as a healthier alternative to heavy cream in your spinach and mushroom chicken dish. It adds creaminess while reducing fat and calorie content.
How can I make a one-pan spinach and mushroom chicken dish?
To create a one-pan spinach and mushroom chicken meal, first heat oil in a large skillet. Brown the chicken on both sides, then remove from the pan. Next, sauté garlic, mushrooms, and spinach in the same pan. Return the chicken to the pan, add your preferred sauce or seasoning, and cook until the chicken is fully cooked.
What is a good pasta recipe with chicken, mushrooms, and spinach?
For a tasty pasta dish, cook your favorite pasta according to the package instructions. In a separate pan, sauté garlic, mushrooms, and spinach, then add cooked and sliced chicken. Combine the pasta and chicken mixture, and toss with a light alfredo sauce or olive oil and grated parmesan.
How can I create a low-carb spinach, mushroom, and chicken meal?
For a low-carb meal, focus on protein and vegetables. Cook your chicken, then slice it into bite-sized pieces. In a large pan, sauté mushrooms and spinach until tender. Stir in cooked chicken and a tablespoon of olive oil or butter for added flavor. You can also add some grated parmesan or a sprinkle of herbs for extra taste.
What’s a great casserole recipe including chicken, spinach, and mushrooms?
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Combine cooked and diced chicken, sautéed mushrooms, and spinach with a creamy sauce, such as a béchamel or a condensed cream of mushroom soup. Stir in cooked rice or pasta for added substance. Pour the mixture into a casserole dish, top with cheese, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
How long should I cook chicken with spinach and mushrooms?
For a stovetop dish, sear the chicken on both sides for about 5 minutes per side, until browned. Then, lower the heat and continue to cook with the spinach and mushrooms for an additional 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. For a baked dish, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and cook the chicken with spinach and mushrooms in a covered dish for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Chicken
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil (divided)
- 4 Tbsp Butter (divided)
- 4 Chicken breasts halved crosswise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz Cremini mushrooms (1 package) sliced
- Creamy Parmesan Sauce
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp Wheat flour
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 Cup Spinach
- Halve your chicken breasts laterally and season them with salt and pepper liberally, set aside and place your stainless steel skillet onto a medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and olive oil to the hot pan and allow them to melt/come up to heat.
- Once heated through and the oils are shimmering and moving around the skillet freely, add your chicken breasts and allow them to sit.
- Cook your chicken breasts for 4 minutes on each side undisturbed or until a golden brown crust has formed on each side. Remove browned chicken breasts from the heat and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the hot pan with another tablespoon of oil and butter and use any juices secreted from them to partially deglaze the skillet.
- Saute for up to 5 minutes or until the mushrooms have a light brown color to them. Remove from the heat and set aside with the chicken breasts.
- Moving onto the sauce, add your remaining butter to the skillet alongside your garlic. Lightly cook your garlic making sure not to burn it.
- Once the garlic has picked up a little bit of color and is fragrant add your flour to the skillet and stir vigorously to make a roux. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet to properly deglaze now.
- Once the roux is a lovely golden brown, slowly stream in your chicken broth and heavy cream.
- Bring to a simmer and add the parmesan cheese to thicken the sauce.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper and garlic powder to your liking and then add the spinach to the top of the sauce and allow it to wilt.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken to the sauce and allow them to heat through and incorporate for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately with whichever carbohydrates you want.