Creamy Cajun shrimp pasta with sausage is a delightful dish that perfectly balances bold flavors and rich textures. This hearty meal will impress family and friends with its savory taste, making it an ideal choice for weeknight dinners or special gatherings. Combining tender shrimp, smoky sausage, and a creamy sauce infused with cajun spices, this pasta dish is sure to satisfy even the most discerning palates.
Take a Look ↓↓↓
The preparation of this delectable entrée involves a simple process that can be easily mastered by home cooks. The key is to sauté the shrimp and sausage, while cooking the pasta simultaneously, ensuring that all elements of the dish are perfectly cooked and infused with flavor. The addition of a creamy sauce made from scratch, boasting cajun spices, elevates the dish by showcasing the bold and zesty flavor profile synonymous with Southern cuisine.
The versatility of creamy cajun shrimp pasta with sausage allows for a variety of modifications and experimentation with ingredients. This delicious recipe offers ample opportunity for customization, making it an excellent choice for incorporating personal preferences or using up ingredients from the pantry. Overall, this dish is a satisfying and flavorful option that will have everyone craving seconds.
Preparing a delicious and flavorsome creamy Cajun shrimp pasta with sausage is easy and requires simple ingredients. To make this satisfying dinner, you will need:
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta (fettuccine, penne, or rigatoni)
- 12 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces smoked sausage or andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
In addition to the main ingredients, some optional enhancements can be made by using red pepper flakes or Creole seasoning for that extra kick. You may also use Italian sausage as a substitute for smoked sausage if preferred.
The nutritional information varies depending on the ingredients used. However, as a general guide, a serving of creamy Cajun shrimp pasta with sausage usually contains a good source of protein and calories to fuel your body.
To begin, cook the pasta in a pot of salted boiling water until al dente. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions, bell pepper, and garlic until they’re softened. Add the sausage and cook for a few more minutes, followed by the shrimp and Cajun seasoning.
Next, stir in the heavy cream, crushed tomatoes, and chicken broth into the skillet to create the creamy Cajun sauce. Simmer for a few minutes to thicken the sauce and ensure that the shrimp are cooked through. Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the skillet, tossing it well to coat in the sauce. Finish by stirring in the Parmesan cheese and garnishing with chopped parsley.
First, gather all the necessary ingredients: shrimp, sausage, pasta, olive oil, onion, bell pepper, garlic, Cajun seasoning, heavy cream, and grated Parmesan cheese. Prepare the ingredients by:
- Chopping the onion and bell pepper into small pieces
- Mincing the garlic
- Slicing the sausage into thin pieces
- Peeling and deveining the shrimp, leaving the tail on if desired
- Measuring out the Cajun seasoning, heavy cream, and grated Parmesan
Next, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Be sure to reserve about a cup of pasta water for later use. Drain the pasta and set aside.
In a large skillet or pan, heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove the sausage from the skillet and set aside.
Add the onion and bell pepper to the skillet and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Increase the heat to medium-high and add the shrimp to the skillet. Season the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning and cook until pink and opaque, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside with the sausage.
Mixing the Sauce
Lower the heat to medium and add the heavy cream to the skillet. Whisk continuously, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Gradually add the grated Parmesan cheese, whisking until smooth and fully incorporated.
If the sauce seems too thick, slowly pour in the reserved pasta water until the desired consistency is reached.
Add the cooked pasta, shrimp, and sausage to the skillet, tossing everything together so that the pasta and proteins are evenly coated in the sauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Serve immediately.
This creamy cajun shrimp pasta with sausage makes for a delightful dinner that is sure to be a hit with the family. Being a flavorsome southern dish, serve this pasta as a hearty weeknight meal, as it is both filling and simple to prepare.
For a balanced meal, pair this delicious pasta with some light side dishes. A crisp green salad, garnished with a zesty vinaigrette dressing or a lemon wedge, will add a refreshing touch. Alternatively, roasted or steamed vegetables, such as asparagus, broccoli, or green beans, bring a healthy and satisfying element to the table.
When setting the scene for a restaurant-like dining experience at home, presentation is key. Serve the creamy cajun shrimp pasta in shallow, wide-rimmed pasta bowls, and sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan cheese or chopped parsley as a finishing touch. Accompany the meal with a basket of warm, crusty bread or garlic-infused breadsticks for an authentic dining experience.
In summary, this easy dinner offers a delightful combination of rich flavors and textures, making for an enjoyable dining experience on any weeknight. Serve this southern dish with complementary sides, and feel confident in providing a tasty and satisfying meal for the whole family.
Cooking Tips and Variations
When preparing creamy cajun shrimp pasta with sausage, there are a few key tips and variations to keep in mind for the best results. Firstly, for the pasta, it’s important to cook it al dente so that it maintains its texture when combined with the sauce. Some popular pasta choices for this dish include penne, fettuccine, and fusilli. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different pasta options to find your preferred taste and texture.
For a delicious weeknight meal, consider opting for a quick and easy sausage pasta. Using Italian sausage in place of raw shrimp can be a time-saving alternative, while still delivering a flavorful dish. To prepare the sausage, simply remove it from the casing and break it into pieces, browning it in a pan and setting aside to add later in the recipe.
In addition, you may choose to modify your creamy cajun sauce to cater to your personal preferences or dietary needs. For a lighter version, substitute cream cheese with a low-fat alternative, or use half-and-half instead of heavy cream. To add a little kick to the dish, incorporate some creole seasoning or additional cajun spice to your liking.
For the vegetable component of the dish, bell pepper is a colorful and delicious option. Simply slice it into strips and add it to the sauce for a crunchy texture and extra flavor. You may also choose to experiment with other vegetables such as broccoli or zucchini to suit your taste.
When boiling pasta for cajun shrimp pasta recipes, keep these tips in mind:
- Make sure to use enough water to let the pasta cook without sticking together
- Salt the water after it comes to a boil for tastier pasta
- Stir the pasta occasionally to keep it from clumping
In summary, the key to a successful creamy cajun shrimp pasta with sausage is to experiment with various ingredients, pasta types, and seasoning levels. Cook the pasta al dente, and adapt the sauce and vegetable content as desired. For quick weeknight meals, consider using sausage in place of shrimp, ensuring a flavorful and satisfying dish.
Creamy Cajun shrimp pasta with sausage is a flavorful and indulgent dish that offers some beneficial nutrients. It contains protein, which is essential for maintaining and repairing our muscles, tissues, and organs. Shrimp and sausage are both rich in protein, contributing significantly to the dish’s protein content.
The calories in this dish can vary depending on the ingredients used and portion sizes. On average, a serving of creamy Cajun shrimp pasta with sausage may contain around 500-700 calories. This caloric intake is mainly due to the pasta, creamy sauce, and sausage used in the recipe. However, it is essential to keep in mind that calories should be considered in the context of an individual’s daily energy needs and overall dietary intake.
When it comes to nutrition information, this pasta dish provides some essential vitamins and minerals. Shrimp offers various essential nutrients, such as vitamin B12, which supports our nervous system’s healthy functioning, and selenium, a powerful antioxidant. Sausage, on the other hand, contains iron and zinc, which are crucial for immune function and gene expression.
Despite these nutritional benefits, it’s essential to be mindful of some aspects of the creamy Cajun shrimp pasta with sausage dish. The creamy sauce, made with heavy cream and cheese, can be high in saturated fat and cholesterol. Both of these may lead to increased cardiovascular risk when consumed in excess. One way to mitigate this is to opt for a lighter sauce, such as using milk instead of cream or incorporating a tomato-based sauce.
In conclusion, creamy Cajun shrimp pasta with sausage is a delicious and indulgent dish that offers a good source of protein and some essential nutrients. It’s essential to balance its consumption with other healthier choices and be mindful of the fat content in the sauce.
Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta with Sausage
- Cajun seasoning
- 8 Pork sausages
- 400 g Fettucini
- 150 ml Cream
- A dash of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 24 Shrimps, peeled
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 Finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese (as much as you like)
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 spoonfuls brown sugar
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- Take your shrimp (peeled) and begin coating them in your Cajun seasoning until they are entirely coated. If you so desire, feel free to add additional seasonings such as oregano, salt, and pepper
- With a large skillet frying pan, drop two tablespoons of olive oil into the pan before placing your shrimp in it. Cook the shrimp over medium to high heat for around two minutes before flipping them over onto their other side.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and carefully place them onto a plate and set aside for later.
- Then, add your sausages to the pan. If needed, feel free to drizzle a little more olive oil into the pan so that they don’t stick. Cook the sausages on the same medium to high heat until they have turned golden brown, and then remove them from the pan and place them on a plate.
- Next, place salted water in a pan and boil. Then, add pasta and cook until they are al dente, which means the pasta will still have a firmness to it when bitten.
- Moving back to the frying skillet, lower the heat down to medium and chuck in your chopped bell pepper, onion, garlic cloves, and a dash of extra cajun seasoning for flavour. Allow the ingredients to saute on the pan until you notice that the onion starts to caramelize and the pepper has softened.
- Add your cream to the pan and immediately stir all of the ingredients together, allowing it to simmer for a few minutes until fragrant. Then, add some parmesan to the sauce and stir in so that the cheese is evenly distributed throughout the mixture, allowing it to simmer for around 3 minutes.
- While it simmers, add the shrimp, pasta, and sausage to the pan and stir all together.
- Remove from the pan to a dish, and place your basil leaves across the top, as well as an extra sprinkle of parmesan.
- Serve and enjoy!