Thai noodles with peanut sauce is a traditional Thai noodle dish that is packed with flavor and spice. What’s also great about it, is that it is also super quick and easy to make!
Take a Look ↓↓↓
The dish consists of slurpy noodles, creamy peanut sauce and vibrant veggies – what more could you want?
This dish is the perfect weeknight meal that can be ready in under an hour and leaves you and your family full and satisfied. Not only is it easy to make, it also tastes amazing, way better than anything you would order for take-out!
Keep reading to find out how you can recreate this traditional Thai dish at home.
Why make Thai noodles with peanut sauce?
So, we’ve explained just how delicious this dish is, but why else does it make such a great dish?
- Ingredients – this recipe calls for simple ingredients that won’t require you visiting multiple grocery stores or ordering online. In fact, you’ll probably find you have some of the ingredients already at home
- The sauce – the spicy peanut sauce is so distinctive and delicious, it will be enjoyed by everyone! It’s the ideal combination of sweet and spicy without taking away from the moreish taste of the noodles and other ingredients
- The toppings – not only does this dish call for chewy noodles and a moreish sauce, it includes several authentic and tasty toppings for added texture and deliciousness! Included in this recipe are crunchy chopped peanuts, sliced scallions for a pop of color and crunch and sesame seeds – yum! The combination of these crunchy ingredients with the smooth noodles and sauce is just incredible
- It’s versatile – while regular noodles are most commonly used with this dish, you can easily swap them out for something you’d prefer. For example, you could try using rice noodles for a less carb-heavy dish. Plus, rice noodles are gluten free, so they make a great alternative for gluten free eaters that want to try this dish. You could also use rice for the same reason or some long ribbon pasta if you don’t have noodles, and you don’t want to run out to the store
What do I need to cook Thai noodles?
Like I said, this dish is super easy to make and while it is a recreation of a traditional Thai dish, it doesn’t require any special equipment, so you should be able to make it with appliances you already own.
Traditionally, this dish would be made in a wok, but if you don’t have one, don’t stress because it can just as easily be made using a standard pan.
All you have to do is cook everything together in the pan, and you’re got yourself a dish that tastes like a restaurant quality stir-fry without having to actually fry anything!
This recipe is for a vegetarian version of the dish, but you can easily add in any protein sources you wish, such as chicken or shrimp. Like I said, this dish is super versatile, and you can adapt it in any way that suits you.
The sauce is predominantly made up of chili sauce, soy sauce and peanut butter – it really is as simple as that!
Does it matter which chili sauce I use?
For this particular recipe, a chili sauce with a good amount of heat is recommended. So for this, I like to use a Sriracha chili sauce because it has the perfect amount of heat while still having a delicious flavor.
While heat is an important aspect of the dish, you want to still be able to identify all the other flavors, so you don’t want to pick something that will overpower the entire dish.
Other chili sauces tend not to be as thick as Sriracha, so won’t work as well in creating the lovely creaminess of the peanut sauce that we’re after.
Soy sauce alternatives
Soy sauce isn’t safe for everyone to eat, so I thought I’d include some of my favorite soy sauce alternatives for those that need it.
- Coconut aminos – this sauce is great if you’re not able to eat soy-containing ingredients. The overall flavor is less salty than soy sauce and tastes quite sweet, so just remember to use a little less of it and consider adding a little extra salt to the dish to make up for it
- Fish sauce – another good option, although it isn’t quite as dark and rich as soy sauce, but it adds a lovely saltiness which works well
Other ingredient alternatives
Before I share the recipe with you, I thought I’d include some other ingredient alternatives in case there are any others in the list that you don’t like or can’t eat.
- Peanuts – if you’re not a fan of crunchy peanuts you could swap them out for basically any other nut of your choosing, but I like pine nuts or chestnuts
- Heat – if you like things very spicy, you can adjust the chili sauce measurements to your taste. Equally, if you’re not a huge fan of spice you can simply use less
Easy Thai Noodles with a Peanut Sauce recipe
So, here’s the recipe – enjoy!
Easy Thai Noodles With A Peanut Sauce
- 1 lb Noodles
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 tsp Chili sauce
- ⅓ cup Soy sauce
- ¼ cup Peanut butter smooth
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed/chopped
- ¼ cup Vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup Green onions
- ⅓ cup Chopped onions
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- Cilantro a handful, chopped
- Cook noodles in boiling water, drain and leave to one side.
- In a bowl, add the soy sauce, honey, peanut butter and chili sauce and mix.
- In a large pan, preheat the vegetable oil before adding the carrot, pepper and garlic, and saute for around three minutes.
- Add in the noodles followed by the sauce mixture in the bowl and stir until combined.
- Transfer to a bowl to serve and garnish with chopped peanuts, green onions, sesame seeds and cilantro.
- 22 Traditional Japanese Desserts To Enjoy at Home - July 28, 2021
- Leftover Pulled Pork Recipes: 20 Mouthwatering Options - July 28, 2021
- 26 Easy Friday Night Dinners That Will Beat Takeout - July 28, 2021