For many people, dessert is the best part of a meal. After all, there’s nothing like finishing up with a delicious sweet dessert, such as anything chocolatey.
Take a Look ↓↓↓
You might think that to get an impressive chocolate dessert, you need to spend a lot of time and effort in the kitchen baking. We’re here to tell you otherwise!
This no bake jello below is easy and delicious. This with and () or on top is my family’s favorite.
The used in this is so easy. You can substitute just about any in the . All you need is a and a and you can make a .
There are plenty of no bake options when it comes to chocolate desserts, as there are types of cakes that don’t require any oven baking time at all!
That means that they’re a lot faster to make, they require a lot less effort, and they’re just as delicious!
Usually, these recipes just require some prep time, so that you can put all the ingredients together to form the dessert, and then some time in the refrigerator so that they set properly and are ready to enjoy!
Pros of a no bake chocolate dessert:
If you’ve never tried a no bake chocolate dessert, you might have your doubts about whether it’s worth it or not.
You might think that a cake made without putting it in the oven is far too weird to be just as good as one made without any baking.
It’s true that a no bake dessert isn’t the same as a cake baked in the oven, they’re different. But different doesn’t have to mean bad.
Here are some of the pros for making a no bake dessert, to prove that it’s a great option:
- It’s easier:
Baking a cake can require a lot of effort, and it can be quite tricky to get right so that the result is tasty and enjoyable. With a no bake chocolate dessert, there is no need to use an oven, as it won’t require any baking.
This means it’s a lot less effort, and a lot easier to make overall! It also means that it’s a great kitchen activity to do with children. As there’s no oven involved, it’s completely safe, and it will get the children involved in making their own food for later!
- It’s faster:
As a no bake dessert doesn’t require any oven time, you’ll be saving a lot of time. Once you’ve put it together, you just stick it in the refrigerator to set!
No need to spend a long time in the kitchen to make your own dessert. This also means that it’s great for making on days in which you don’t have as much time, or as a quick fun activity at home that won’t take up hours at a time.
- It’s served cold:
No bake desserts are set in the refrigerator and are therefore best served cold. This makes them a great dessert option during the hotter seasons!
- It can be frozen:
When you make a no bake dessert, you can set it in the refrigerator to enjoy that very same day, or you could set it in the freezer where it will be ready to enjoy at a later date. Meaning, you can make it days in advance!
No Bake Chocolate Dessert Recipe:
To get you started on no bake chocolate desserts, we’re going to share the recipe for a no bake chocolate pudding cream pie, which is one of the most popular no bake chocolate desserts, and is loved by many!
This no bake with is my favorite . It couldn’t be easier using and Oreo or . Essentially it’s the poor man’s . This using is a perennial crowd pleaser. Feel free to substitute as well.
This recipe is very easy to follow, and it won’t take up a lot of time. In fact, your dessert will be done in less than 30 minutes! Also, as it’s a chocolate dessert, we’ve made sure it has plenty of chocolate layers to satisfy even the most demanding of chocoholics.
Here is everything you will need to make this dessert:
- A pre-made Oreo crust. These are very easy to find in grocery shops, and they’re perfect for providing a base to the no bake dessert.
- 2 cups of Half and Half (this is a mixture of milk and cream).
- 2 packs of instant chocolate pudding (make sure it really is instant pudding, and that it doesn’t require any cooking).
- 1 pack of Cool Whip
- 1 milk chocolate bar. This will be used for decoration, so it can be something like a Hershey’s bar.
- Optional: some extra chocolate pieces for decoration, or some chocolate dust.
Here is a step by step guide on how to make a no bake chocolate pudding cream pie:
- In preparation, take the oreo pie crust out of its packaging so that it’s out and ready. The pie crust is very crumbly, so handle it with care and make sure to leave it inside the foil plate it comes in.
- Next up, take a mixing bowl and add in the two cups of Half and Half. You can then add the two packs of instant chocolate pudding in with it and mix it all together for around 2 minutes. You can use a whisk for this.
- Before moving on to the next step, we recommend you place the mixing bowl in the refrigerator for around five minutes. This will cause the mixture to thicken up a little, for an even better result!
- Now you can take half of the mixture, and place it inside the oreo pie crust. Use a spatula to spread and even it out.
- Next, take the pack of Cool Whip and mix half of it with the remaining half of the mixture in the bowl. After it has been mixed, use it as the second layer of the cake by spreading it on with the spatula.
- For the final third layer, simply take the remaining half of the Cool Whip and use the spatula to spread it on top evenly. As it’s the last layer, you can get creative and use different motions to spread it into a shape or to add spikes.
- With all the layers complete, all that’s left is to decorate! Using a vegetable peeler, shave off parts of the chocolate bar. You can place them on the cake as you choose, and arrange them in a way that looks good on the cake. Get as creative as you want with this step!
- As an optional step, you can add even more decoration by using chocolate dust or other chocolate bits and pieces.
- Just like that, the no bake chocolate dessert is finished! Let it rest in the refrigerator for 4 hours before eating, and serve it cold!
No Bake Chocolate Pudding Cream Pie
A delicious no bake chocolate dessert that is easy to make, with an oreo crust and plenty of chocolate layers to enjoy!
- 1 Oreo Pie Crust
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz. each) Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 2 cups Half and Half (Half Milk and Half Cream)
- 8 oz. Cool Whip (1 package, thawed)
- 1 Milk Chocolate Bar (such as Hershey’s)
- Dark Chocolate (for decoration)
Take the Oreo pie crust out of the packaging, but leave it inside the foil plate it comes in. This will hold it together, as it’s very crumbly.
In a mixing bowl, add the 2 cups of Half and Half. Then, add the two packs of instant chocolate pudding.
With the help of a whisk, mix everything together for around 2 minutes.
Place the mixing bowl in the refrigerator and let it sit for 5 minutes. This will help thicken it up!
Take half of the mixture and place it into the Oreo pie crust. This will act as the first layer, you can use a spatula to make sure it’s evenly spread.
Take half of the pack of Cool Whip and mix it in with the other half of the mixture you already have. (You can use a whisk for this). Then spread it on top of the first layer, (this is now your second layer).
Take the remaining half of the Cool Whip and spread it on top to form the third and final layer. You can use the spatula again to ensure it’s evenly spread, and you could create little spikes with small circular motions to make it look more unique.
Now it’s time for the decorations. Take a vegetable peeler, and use it to shave off parts of the milk chocolate bar. This will create elegant strands that can be placed on top of the chocolate pudding cream pie. Feel free to arrange them in any way you like, this is the step in which you can get creative!
Optional: for extra decoration and extra chocolatey flavor, you can add some chocolate dusting as a top layer, or add any other chocolate pieces that you might want to include.
You’re no bake chocolate dessert is done! Place it in the refrigerator and let it sit for around 4 hours before you eat it! Alternatively, you could place it in the freezer for one hour. Once the time has passed, serve it cold and enjoy it!
The and the is just divine. Just add some to complete the dish. in a , what a treat.
- 22 Traditional Japanese Desserts To Enjoy at Home - July 28, 2021
- Leftover Pulled Pork Recipes: 20 Mouthwatering Options - July 28, 2021
- 26 Easy Friday Night Dinners That Will Beat Takeout - July 28, 2021