Food coloring is great for enhancing the appearance of your baked goods and making them look more attractive. By adding food coloring to your foods, you can make them look much more appealing.
Take a Look ↓↓↓
Adding candy color or food color to buttercream frosting or icing was always a hit when my children were young. The gel food color or synthetic coloring particularly around Easter got the little ones very excited with all the bright colors.
You can actually get food coloring in many forms, but the one that we are going to be looking at today is gel food coloring. With so many options available, it can often be difficult to know where to find the best ones.
Unless you are a lover of all things baking, food coloring isn’t something that you would really think about adding to your shopping list, but it can always come in handy.
Though, we can understand why you might be struggling to make a decision. You are going to want to get your hands on the very best products, as without them, you won’t be able to achieve the best results.
No matter if you are baking every day and looking for ways to improve your skills, or you are looking for something to brighten up a birthday cake, food coloring can come in handy for a variety of things.
To help you choose from a selection of the best available products, we are going to share our list of the 5 best gel food colorings with you. This will help you know exactly where to look.
In a Hurry?
If you need some gel food coloring for an event that is fast approaching, then we have got you covered. We will leave our top pick here for your quick and easy viewing, so you can go ahead and get your hands on some.
Through our research, we have found that the best gel food coloring is the set of Ann Clark food coloring gels.
With this selection of gel food colorings, you will receive 12 popular color choices that are bright, vibrant, and more than suitable for any occasion.
There is a great mixture of light and dark colors, and you won’t be disappointed with the wide selection available.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
These Ann Clark food coloring gels are both rich in color and super easy to use. They offer a wide range of colors that you can even blend together to find the perfect combination.
You will find every hue of the rainbow in this set, and you can combine the colors to create everything that you could possibly need. You will easily be able to make your baking more colorful and attractive with these excellent colors.
The colors are both bright and vibrant and the tubes are easy to use. The colors that are included with your purchase are super red, orange, red, lemon yellow, leaf green, teal, sky blue, royal blue, purple, pink, brown, and black.
Each tube contains 20g of food coloring gel and is 4.5-inches tall.
- Vibrant colors - You can be sure that these colors will remain rich and vibrant when you mix them with your baked treats
- Great amount - Each tube contains 20g of food coloring gel, providing you with enough for multiple uses
- Easy squeeze - The tubes are really easy to squeeze, which allows you to work more quickly and efficiently, rather than wasting time trying to get the product to come out
- It has been noted by customers that these colorings might not be the most suitable to use with meringue as they can compromise the consistency due to their thickness
This set comes with 12 different stunning and vibrant colors that are highly concentrated.
There is a great selection of colors to choose from, including Lemon Yellow, Sunset Yellow, Grass Green, Violet, Grape Purple, Navy Blue, Sky Blue, Red, Brown, Pink, Green and Black.
Each bottle of food coloring has 10ml of product inside, and you will be provided with the perfect opportunity to get creative with your baking.
One of the best things about this food coloring is that it won’t alter the original taste and texture of any recipe, and it is water based, making it suitable for a wider variety of applications.
All of these products are made from food grade ingredients to ensure that they are safe for use, and they are really easy to use. They can be mixed together to create new shades and are suitable for both beginners and professionals.
You can also be assured that the colors will not fade or harden, and they are even great for frozen goods.
- Tasteless - Unlike many other food colorings, these do not have an unpleasant taste or smell, so it won’t compromise your delicious flavors
- Easy to use - The drop mouth design makes it easy to control your drops and enables accurate mixing
- Allergen-free - These food colorings are dairy free, peanut free, eggs free, nut free & gluten-free, making them suitable for most people
- The label does not feature a list of ingredients
This set of food colorings contains 240g of gel paste food coloring that is split into 12 20g bottles.
There is a large variety of colors for you to choose from, and these include Red, Pink, Yellow, Black, White, Green, Violet, Brown, Orange, Sky Blue, Purple Red, Blue Green.
They feature a highly concentrated gel based formula that will provide you with deep and vivid colors that will help you to achieve almost any shade you want.
These rainbow colors can also be easily blended together to create your own custom shades, and they are both safe and edible.
They are made using only safe ingredients and do not feature any unwanted chemicals. This is the perfect kit for both beginners and professionals, and they are widely used for a variety of baking purposes.
As well as all of this, the squeeze bottles have flip-top caps that make it much easier for you to measure the gel colors precisely, drop by drop. The liquid gel texture also makes it easy to flow and control the amount that you want to use.
- Highly concentrated - The formula of these colorings is highly concentrated, which means that the colors are more likely to be really vibrant when mixed with baked goods
- Tasteless - These food colorings are both tasteless and odorless, which means that they won’t affect the overall taste and texture of your baking
- Allergen friendly - These colorings are suitable for vegan, and they are gluten-free and free from peanut and tree nuts, making them more allergen friendly
- It can be difficult to create any dark colors through mixing with this set
This is the perfect set of food colorings for baking and even craft purposes, and your purchase will include 12 different colors for you to choose from. This allows you to decorate with a wide variety of color options, and they have a new and improved formula to make their color impact more pronounced.
They are great for making your food look more attractive and appealing, and they will provide great color combinations to compliment each other.
Unlike some other brands of food coloring, these ones will not affect the overall taste and texture of your foods, and they are suitable for many different applications and techniques.
One of the best things about these food colorings is that they are really easy to use, and you can mix them together to create a whole new range of colors to suit your needs.
You can squeeze them easily to make it easier for you to control the amount of drops that you are using for optimum color mixing.
Another great feature that they have to offer is that they are resistant to fading, and they are able to provide accurate and realistic-looking colors. They are also a great cost-effective solution as you get lots of colors at a low price.
- Pure ingredients - These food colorings have been made using only the purest of ingredients, so they will not change the normal taste or smell
- Easy to use - They have been designed for instant dispersing and the squeeze bottles are really easy to control
- Cost-effective - There are lots of colors available at a lower price than some other brands, making this a cost-effective option
- The colors are not as concentrated in this set than some others, so you might need to use a little bit more product than normal
This set of gel food coloring will provide you with 10 different vivid and vibrant color options that include yellow, orange, pink, red, violet, green, teal, blue, brown, and black.
You can choose to utilize these colors as they are, or you can even mix them together to create your own custom colors to match any theme.
The ingredients that have been used to make these products are safety certified, only high-quality ingredients have been used, and they are also halal certified.
They feature pure high concentrations that will not alter the taste, texture, or smell of any recipe that you make, and they are also suitable for vegans.
Something else that is great about this product is that it is free from a variety of allergens, including gluten, dairy, peanuts, eggs, and nuts.
The upgraded formula ensures that the colors that you receive will be the brightest and deepest vibrant colors possible. You will only need to use a small amount of the product to get excellent results, and the colors will not fade after baking.
These colors are water-based which makes them easy to mix and disperse without hardening, and they feature a drip nozzle design that will not leak. Ultimately, you will be provided with accurate and optimal color mixing.
- Safety certification - The high quality ingredients that are used in these colorings are approved by the FDA and MSDS, so you can be sure that they are safe to use
- Multi-uses - You can use these colors for typical uses like baking and cooking, but you can also use them for crafting projects
- Guarantee - Your purchase will come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so you can get a full refund if you are unhappy with the quality of the product
- This product can stain easily, so you will need to take care when you are using it and wear gloves if you do not want to stain your hands
Best Gel Food Colorings Buying Guide
Now that finding some of the best available products has been ticked off of your list, there may be some other things that are worth considering before you go ahead and choose the one that you want.
We will leave some additional things that you might need to know about choosing the best gel food coloring below.
One of the most important things that you will need to think about is the concentration of the colors provided.
The last thing you want is to spend money on food colorings only to find that you need to use the entire bottle to get any colors to show through.
Ideally, you should go for food colorings that have a high concentration to ensure that they are going to be fit for purpose.
Quality of Ingredients
Another thing to think about is the quality of the ingredients that have been used to make the products.
Some types of food colorings will contain unwanted ingredients or chemicals that provide an unpleasant taste or smell. This is something that you should try to avoid, which is why it is worth checking out the ingredients list.
Something else to consider is allergens, especially if you are making goods for other people, as some food colorings may contain ingredients that are not suitable for everyone.
Gel Food Coloring Vs Liquid Food Coloring
Traditional liquid food coloring is one of the worst that you can get. The colors will be much less intense, which means that you need to use a lot of product to get the colors to shine through.
However, gel food coloring is much more concentrated, meaning you can use less product to achieve vibrant colors.
Gel Food Coloring: Our Tested Best 5 Picks
- Ann Clark Cookie Cutters Food Coloring Gel 12-Pack
- Nomeca 12 Color Cake Food Coloring Set
- Nomeca 12 Colors Gel Food Coloring
- Limino Food Coloring - 12 Color Vibrant Cake Food Coloring Set for Baking
- Wayin Gel Food Coloring 10x10ml Colors
Use in or with your favorite recipe.