Have you ever sighed out of frustration when cutting onions? Not only do they bring tears to your eyes but they are also so fiddly to cut. It doesn’t matter if you want chunky or fine-cut onions, they will always slip across the chopping board.
Take a Look ↓↓↓
There’s nothing more annoying than when you’re trying to slice onions and they just won’t stay still. As well as this, if you have sensitive eyes then you will probably be left in tears in the kitchen.
Thankfully, you don’t have to endure this suffering. Thanks to some clever people, there have been several onion choppers placed on the market that take all of this away.
They kind of sound too good to be true. But, trust us, once you get an onion chopper, you will never look back. Put that knife down and keep reading to find out our take on the 7 best onion choppers on the market right now.
7 Best Onion Choppers
Now it is time to take a deep dive into why you clicked on this page! Let’s take a look at the 7 best onion choppers. Whether you’re in the market for an electric or manual product, we have a solid recommendation for you.
Before you read any more, think about what YOU need from an onion chopper. This will help you make the best decision on which onion chopper is right for you.
Here is a quick summary of the 7 best onion choppers that we will discuss further below:
Large Catch Tray that holds up to 1.2L.
Easily clean up after use by placing it into the dishwasher.
The catch tray doubles up as a storage container after use.
There are seven different accessories included with this product.
The convenient size of this onion chopper is ideal to store away after use.
430-grade stainless steel blade helps to cut through the toughest of vegetables.
Once you have finished using the chopper, all of the parts can be placed into the dishwasher.
OUR TOP PICK
Top of our list today is the Fullstar Vegetable Chopper.
This chopper comes with four different blades that allow you to chop, slice and julienne your vegetables effortlessly. This chopper is a manual type and that allows you to have more control over your onions.
This vegetable chopper is suitable for onions, zucchini, and even potatoes. This is down to the high-quality stainless steel blades. They are made from 420 level stainless steel that is highly durable and cut smoothly through hard or soft vegetables.
Another reason why this made our number one spot is the large catch tray. Most other onion choppers come with small trays that you need to empty as you chop away.
With this large 1.2L tray, it holds a lot more meaning that you can chop to your heart's content.
- Stainless steel blades - 420-grade stainless steel is used on this chopper, meaning that it will last you longer and provide seamless chopping no matter what the vegetable!
- Large catch tray - 1.2L catch tray so you can chop as much as you want. This large tray is less restricting than other similar products.
- 4 interchangeable blades - this chopper comes with a small dice blade, a large dice blade, a spiral blade, and a ribbon blade.
- Cleaning - Some people complained about how long it takes to clean the small dice blade. If this doesn’t bother you, the pros definitely outweigh the cons.
Next on our list, we have the Vidalia Chop Wizard.
This is marketed as, “the fastest, safest, and easiest way to chop or dice vegetables.” This came as a close second in our list as it does have some comparable features as the previous product.
This vegetable chopper comes with just two blades: a small dice blade and a large dice blade. This product is ideal for onions as these are the only blades you need to chop an onion well. It is really easy to use and like the previous product, it is a manual chopper.
The blade is stainless steel so you know that you’re getting a quality blade included with your purchase. Another fantastic feature is that this vegetable chopper is dishwasher safe.
So, once you have finished chopping, just place it into your dishwasher and relax.
- Dishwasher safe - clean your onion chopper with ease by placing it into your dishwasher when you have finished using it.
- Stainless steel blade - cut through fruit and vegetables with ease thanks to this hard-wearing stainless steel blade included with this product.
- Manual chopper - as this is a manual chopper, you can control your chopping much better than with an electric version.
- Smaller device - this product is smaller than others so you may need to cut your onions or other fruit or veg into smaller pieces before placing it into this chopper.
This next product is another great choice for a manual onion chopper. Again, with this chopper, you have good control over how you cut your onions.
The chopper comes with three different blades that provide four different cuts.
The blades included with this chopper are a thin slicer, a thick slicer, and a blade for wedges. You can also cube your onions by combining both slicing blades.
The blades are manufactured from stainless steel so you know that they will cut through your vegetables with ease.
The cutting tray provided with this chopper also doubles up as a container. There is a lid provided that can be locked tight to extend the freshness of your onions once chopped. This is ideal for anyone who loves food prepping.
- Storage container - this is a unique feature of this chopper. The cutting tray can be used to store your chopped onions to extend their freshness.
- Four different cuts - thinly or thickly slice, cut into wedges or dice with these three different blades included in your purchase.
- 5X faster cutting - this is thanks to the stainless steel blade that is sharp enough to cut through hard or soft vegetables.
- Requires some force - some customers complained about needing to use some force to cut their onions as desired.
Yes, we have included another Fullstar product in our lineup. This vegetable cutter is slightly different from our top pick. This vegetable cutter is completely multipurpose and the perfect addition to your kitchen.
You can interchange seven different inserts for this chopper. This includes two different sized choppers, two spiralizers, a juicer, an egg separator, and an egg slicer. Also with this product, you get a separate handheld peeler. This basically has everything you need.
A great feature of this vegetable chopper is the nonslip base. If you ever read reviews of onion choppers, you will get the sense that people struggle to chop easily without using force.
The non-slip base of this chopper keeps the product in place whilst you chop any type of fruit and vegetable.
- Seven attachments - whatever you need to chop, there will be an option for you with this product. Some unique attachments include a juicer and egg separator.
- Non-slip base - prevent movement of your chopper during use thanks to this handy non-slip base.
- Handheld peeler included - as well as all of the amazing attachments included in your purchase, you will also receive a handheld peeler.
- Extremely sharp blades - some users suggest wearing gloves as these blades can be quite dangerous so be careful if you choose this chopper.
This product is our top pick for electric food choppers. This chopper consists of several removable parts that can be placed into the dishwasher after use. It is extremely easy to keep clean thanks to this feature.
After you have chopped onions, why not add oil to your veggies to add some extra flavor. This can be done through the oil holes at the top of the vegetable chopper. Many people use this chopper to make tasty hummus and salsas. This makes it a great addition to your kitchen.
Another amazing thing about this electric food chopper is that they come with Bi-level stainless steel blades. These blades help to cut through vegetables easily thanks to their sharp and durable design.
The size of this electric food chopper allows you to be able to store it away easily. It is 7.3” wide and just 5.3” high. It is very convenient to store away in a nearby cupboard after it has been used.
- Dishwasher safe - the vegetable chopper comes in many different parts that can be removed easily and popped straight into the dishwasher after use.
- Oil holes - why not add some oil to your vegetables once they have been chopped to create a delicious side dish of salsa or hummus.
- Space-saving size - if you are looking for a device that is small in size and can be stored away easily, this is the chopper for you.
- Only one setting - as this is an electric chopper, there is only one setting. This chopper only chops your vegetables and does not dice if that is what you want to achieve.
The next best onion chopper is this Geedel Food Chopper. This is another manual chopper that comes fully equipped with a 430-grade stainless steel blade.
This speeds up your chopping time significantly so you can chop, mince, or dice much quicker than with an ordinary knife.
If you class yourself as a clumsy person, this could be the right product for your kitchen. This vegetable chopper requires a push of the top button to get the chopper going. Your fruit or vegetables will be cut to perfection in just 15 seconds.
The design of this onion chopper is simple yet effective. To clean, all you need to do is rinse it under hot water.
To make it even more simple, the top of this food chopper is dishwasher safe. This means it is completely fuss-free to keep clean after you have used the product.
- Top-quality blade - this food chopper has a 430-grade stainless steel blade that cuts through hard or soft vegetables smoothly.
- Easy to clean - the design of this product means that you do not need to fuss too much with cleaning. Place the top into the dishwasher and rinse the rest underwater.
- Safe to use - thanks to the simple design, you do not touch the blades or change them before or during use. That means that there is less chance of injury to the user.
- One blade option - this is a basic manual chopper that only comes with one blade option.
Last but not least, we have this LINKChef electric food chopper. This is a great option to chop onions for many reasons.
Firstly, the powerful motor allows for quick chopping, blending, mixing, pureeing, and mincing. This means that you can use this for a wide variety of different food items.
This food chopper comes with one setting however, you do have full control over how long you chop for.
The pulse control helps you to achieve the exact texture that you are looking for. This makes it a great choice for onions and other things such as homemade tomato ketchup.
The chopper itself is scratch and corrosion resistant meaning that it is great for everyday use. If you are someone who chops things regularly, definitely try this out.
Once you have finished using the food chopper, you can easily pop each part into the dishwasher for an effortless clean.
- 250W motor - this powerful electric chopper allows you to chop up your vegetables super quickly when compared to just using a knife.
- Durable design - the food chopper has been designed to withstand time. If you choose this chopper, then you will have it for a long time with no issues.
- Dishwasher friendly - if you are looking for a chopper that is fuss-free, this is the one for you. When you have finished, just place it into the dishwasher.
- Only one setting - as this is an electric onion chopper, it only has one chopping setting. However, this chopper does have pulse control.
7 Best Onion Choppers Buying Guide
What to Consider When Choosing an Onion Chopper
Onion choppers vary, there are many different types available. That being said, if you’re looking to get one, you should probably get one that you believe will do the job you need.
There are a few things that you should take into account when looking for an onion chopper. These factors include whether you should buy a manual or electric onion chopper, the ease of use, the quality of the product, and how hard/easy it is to clean.
Lucky for you, we have outlined below exactly what you need to know about these factors. Meaning that you will be able to select the best onion chopper for your household.
Manual Vs. Electric
There are two types of onion choppers out there: manual and electric. Now, neither one of these are better than the other. It all depends on personal preference.
We love a manual onion chopper as it gives you more control when chopping. This includes how fine or chunky your onion is cut and how fast or slow it chops.
However, if you want a super easy life, then you could opt for an electric onion chopper. These are very similar to a food processor. However, these types of onion choppers usually only have a one-speed level so there is less control during your chopping.
Manual choppers let you have that little bit more control and also work at a quieter level. With the electric onion choppers, they can be quite disruptive, especially if you have small children who may be napping whilst you’re getting lunch or dinner prepared.
Another reason why manual choppers have an advantage over electric is the ability to swap and change blades. Not only can you chop finely with manual onion choppers, but you can also slice and cut chunky pieces of onion.
With manual choppers you also don’t need to plug the device in so you can chop onions anywhere you like! Even at the park, if you really wanted to...
Ease of Use
Something to take into consideration is the ease of use of the onion chopper. Some onion choppers are extremely easy to use. This is especially true for electric onion choppers as all you need to do is press a button.
When we look at manual onion choppers, you may need to work a little harder depending on the chopper you go for. If you’re lucky and pick a top-quality chopper, then you may have an easy chopping job.
However, some devices need a little more effort. You want to avoid these onion choppers as they can have your arm aching for days.
Quality of Onion Chopper
When you’re on the hunt for an onion chopper, you’re going to want one with high-quality blades. There’s no point buying the cheapest manual chopper as the blade could be lacking sharpness.
This could lead to your onions barely being chopped and they would not turn out how you thought they would. If you want a top-quality onion chopper, you want to look out for a stainless steel blade.
Stainless steel is durable and helps create a clean cut on your onions. The higher quality of stainless steel used on the blade, the more efficient the cut will be.
The Clean-Up Job
The last thing that you should maybe consider when looking for a new onion chopper is the clean-up job after use. Often this is something that gets missed when buying a product to use in your kitchen.
Cleaning a blade can be a little tricky. Some onion choppers aren’t dishwasher safe either. So there are a lot of things to think about when it comes to cleaning the product after use.
Many onion choppers that cut finely may hold excess onions in the crevices. You need to think about whether you will be able to remove them properly from the smaller holes.
An onion chopper aims to take away the hard work. So, don’t overcomplicate things by getting an onion chopper that catches small pieces of onion and you can’t clean properly.
- 22 Traditional Japanese Desserts To Enjoy at Home - July 28, 2021
- Leftover Pulled Pork Recipes: 20 Mouthwatering Options - July 28, 2021
- 26 Easy Friday Night Dinners That Will Beat Takeout - July 28, 2021