Take a Look ↓↓↓
It is often said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. After all, it’s your first intake of energy to get you going!
On work or school days, it can be hard to have a proper breakfast, as people are usually rushing around to get to where they have to be in time. But during time off or weekends, you can take the time to have a proper breakfast!
Breakfast is incredibly varied and can consist of many different things. It doesn’t have to be boring or bland at all, with plenty of delicious breakfast meals to choose from. In fact, each country has its own traditional or typical breakfast meal!
It can be fun to explore the different breakfasts from around the world. Why not start with American breakfasts? After all, there is no shortage of options in food when it comes to the United States!
Common American breakfasts and their best recipes:
The United States has plenty of breakfast meals that you can try out, so you’re guaranteed to find something that’s right up your street and in sync with your preferences!
Some breakfasts will be bigger, more complex meals, while others will be simple and easy. Just take your pick!
Here is a list of some of the most common and popular American breakfasts:
This is a very common and simple breakfast option, loved by many all over the world, not just in the United States. Delicious, and full of proteins!
Bagels are super easy to have for breakfast, as you can toast them, and you can cut them in half to add an ingredient in the middle. Cream cheese is one of the preferred options.
To British English speakers, this sounds like a weird option. It consists of soft dough covered in gravy, and it makes for a delicious savory breakfast.
We’ve listed it as a blueberry muffin, but really, it can be any sort of muffin! (Although blueberry does seem to be the most popular option!) They’re an easy on-the-go breakfast, filling and perfect with a cup of coffee or tea!
This is a breakfast option for those that wake up hungry and ready to eat. It’s a normal burrito, but filled with common breakfast foods such as eggs, bacon, hash browns, sausages, and others!
You don’t have to be in France in order to eat pastries for breakfast. Cinnamon rolls are sweet and delicious and have become incredibly popular amongst American breakfast options.
Although croissants are originally from France, they have become so widespread that they are also now a staple of American breakfasts. Once again, they can be very varied and they’re a great start to the day.
This is a breakfast option often seen as fancy, but it’s very easy to make at home! You just need to poach an egg and place it on a bagel or muffin, then season heavily!
Although the name indicates that it’s a breakfast traditionally associated with France, it has become a popular American breakfast, associated with lazy Sundays. You simply dip bread in beaten eggs, and then fry it!
This is a great healthy option to kickstart your day with a mix of fruits. It’s very fast and very easy, and a great on-the-go solution when you’re in a hurry.
Griddlecakes aren’t as popular as other breakfast options, but they are equally delicious. They consist of biscuits or cake-like foods cooked on a griddle.
Hash Browns are a very popular breakfast option, and they’re essentially potato cakes. They’re potatoes that have been pan-fried, and they are often served as a side addition.
This is an egg and cheese dish that can or cannot include pastry as a base. It’s almost like an omelet cake, and it can include many added ingredients according to taste.
This is a classic breakfast, served almost anywhere in America. It’s a filling and delicious sandwich that will give you the energy you need to kickstart your day!
Scrambled eggs are an excellent breakfast option common in many countries, as they are fast, easy, and delicious! Many people see them as a faster alternative to an omelet, and they include plenty of added ingredients.
An omelet can be eaten as a meal any time of the day, but it is also a great option for starting out the day! The eggs will give you plenty of protein, and you can stuff the omelet with any other ingredients of your choice to switch up the flavor!
There really is no secret to this breakfast option, it’s as simple as they come! Toast with butter or jam is one of the fastest and easiest breakfasts out there.
Waffles are originally from Belgium, but again, they have become common in American culture. Crispy on the outside and light on the inside, you can eat them with all sorts of added ingredients!
American Pancakes Recipe
Apart from giving you a list of typical American breakfasts, we wanted to provide you with a full recipe for one of the most favored American breakfast options of all time: pancakes.
In the movies, it’s quite common to see the nice perfect American family making a huge pile of pancakes that are then eaten with all sorts of added ingredients and syrups. They make it look so easy!
But the thing is, it is that easy. Pancakes are incredibly easy and fast to make, and they’re absolutely delicious and ideal as a breakfast meal. Plus, they’re definitely a staple of American breakfast culture!
Pancakes are also known as flapjacks, griddlecakes, and hotcakes, depending on where in the United States you are. Plus, they can be both sweet and savory, depending on your preference and what you add to them.
That makes them incredibly versatile, and perfect for catering to all sorts of different tastes at once! You can leave out a selection of ingredients on the table, and each person can customize their own pancake to best suit what they want to eat.
Ingredients that you will need for cooking breakfast pancakes:
- 225g of flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 300ml of milk
- 30g of melted butter
- 1tbs of baking powder
- 1tsp of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Any other ingredients or syrups that you might want to add to the pancakes to eat them!
Without further ado, here is a step by step guide on how to cook pancakes:
- In a mixing bowl, insert the flour, the baking powder, the sugar, and the salt. Make sure the bowl is big enough to hold all the ingredients comfortably!
- In the pile of ingredients, that will likely look like a mountain, make a hole right in the center. It should look like the hole at the top of a volcano!
- Now that you have the hole, pour the milk, the beaten eggs, and the melted butter into it. Like you’re trying to fill the hole up.
- Next, you mix everything together! It might seem useless to have made the hole and poured things into it if everything is just going to get mixed together anyways. But it helps the mixture become better!
- When you’ve created a smooth batter, transfer it into a jug and let it rest for around 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, choose a pan to place on the burner. The size of the pan will determine the size of the pancake, so choose according to your own preference!
- Using the jug it’s in, pour some of the batter into the pan. Enough so that it covers the entire surface of the pan. (The more batter you pour in, the thicker the pancake will be, so once again, do so according to your own preference.)
- Let the batter cook in the pan until it begins to blister and bubble. This is when you should flip it over carefully, to let it cook for another minute or so.
- Now it should look like a pancake, and should be ready to serve!
- Remember to add ingredients to the pancake to enjoy it even more!
Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, and you should make it as enjoyable as possible.
There are plenty of traditional American breakfasts to choose from, meaning you’re guaranteed to be able to find something that suits your own tastes.
We recommend you try out our recipe for pancakes, as they are hugely popular in culture! They’re very easy and fast to make, and require very few ingredients. They’re also incredibly versatile, as they can be sweet or savory, and you can add any ingredients you want to them! Don’t forget the , as a . I prefer and in the morning. Though I do enjoy for . I’ve never been a fan of the . That’s a . () and or a (with or ) with a is perfect for me.
Ultimate Guide to an American Breakfast – 1. Pancakes
- Mixing bowl
- frying pan
- 225 g flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 300 ml milk
- 30 g butter melted
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Get a mixing bowl (size depending on the amount of mixture you want to create for your pancakes). Add flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Make a hole in the center of the pile of ingredients. (Kind of like creating the hole of a volcano).
- Pour the milk, beaten eggs, and melted butter into the hole.
- Mix everything together, until you create a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter into a jug and let it sit for around 20 minutes. (Having it in a jug will make it a lot easier to pour into the pan when cooking the pancakes).
- Place a pan on the burner. The size of the pan will be the size of the pancake, so choose whichever size you prefer or have available!
- Pour some batter into the pan until it spreads to cover the entire surface. (More batter will result in a thicker pancake, once again, do this to your preferences.)
- Let the pancake cook until it begins to bubble and blister. Then flip it over and let it cook for another minute.
- Serve and add the ingredients of your choosing to enjoy a delicious breakfast!