Take a Look ↓↓↓
Bacon is not only incredibly delicious but also a food that can be eaten in many different ways and during different meals.
The traditional way to cook bacon is in a heavy skillet. When you cook bacon in a skillet such as a cast-iron pan, your bacon will cook up much more nicely. However, you can also cook bacon in the air fryer and in the oven. Personally, we love cooking bacon in the oven. Why? Oven-cooked bacon comes out in perfect gorgeous strips that are super crispy. It’s also easy to drain the oil off into a container if you save bacon grease. Want less greasy bacon? Simply put your bacon on a rack on top of your baking pan.
Whether you’re cooking it for breakfast, or as part of a meal throughout the day, you want to make sure it’s cooked just right, and just the way you like it.
Typically, people like it when bacon is cooked to a crispy finish, and this is super easy to achieve!
You can cook bacon by frying it up in a pan, but if you’ve ever done this, you’ll know that it gets very messy very fast, and it can therefore involve a bit too much effort. Not to mention the amount of cleaning you’ll have to deal with in the aftermath!
On the other hand, cooking bacon in the oven is a lot smarter and a lot easier, and it won’t take nearly as much effort!
You can cook many slices of bacon at the same time, without causing as much of a mess, and if you leave it in for the right amount of time the bacon will be cooked to be perfectly crispy and delicious.
In case you’re not sure about how to go about cooking bacon in the oven, we’ve written a full step by step guide that you can follow.
But before that, we thought we’d compile a list with some of the main reasons why cooking your bacon in the oven is a great idea!
Pros for cooking bacon in the oven:
Many people will agree that the best way to bacon is by it in the . It’s easy, splatter-free, and gets the bacon to a perfect finish! No . or leads to almost every time. by the or is a real treat. It’s my favorite
I’ve found that works best. I use a or or . They all work fine. can be placed on a to soak up excess . Some use a or to the . You can even try it with . done the right way is simply . Sprinkle with for a treat.
We really couldn’t think of any reasons not to cook bacon in the oven, so instead here are the main reasons why cooking bacon in the oven is a great idea!
- It’s a lot cleaner!
While frying bacon in a pan is very common, it causes the oil to splatter and makes a mess of all the surrounding area, which you then have to clean later on. Not to mention that keeping an eye on the bacon and the amount of oil is a constant effort.
By cooking your bacon in the oven, you’re ensuring there is no mess caused by oil, and that there is no splatter whatsoever. The bacon cooks without dirtying the oven, meaning you don’t have to worry about cleaning as much afterward!
- It’s a lot less effort!
As we’ve said, when you’re frying up bacon in a frying pan, you have to keep a close eye on it to ensure it’s cooking well and that the oil splatter is under control.
Meanwhile, if you’re cooking the bacon in an oven, you can simply set a timer for when you have to flip it over, and a timer for when it’s done. Leaving you to do other things while you wait, without having to worry about it!
- It’s better for cooking a larger amount of bacon at the same time!
In a frying pan, even a big one, the cooking space is pretty limited. However, when you cook bacon in an oven you place it on a tray, which usually has a lot more space for holding more slices of bacon at the time.
And even better, if your oven is big enough, you can put in multiple trays full of bacon slices, so you can cook a lot more bacon in one go!
This is especially perfect if you’re wanting a lot of bacon, if you’re cooking for a large family, or if you’re cooking bacon to share amongst a crowd!
- It tastes amazing!
Bacon tastes great no matter how you cook it, but when cooked in the oven it’s a lot easier to get the bacon to remain tender while developing crispy edges. Trust us, the results are simply perfect!
Step by step guide for cooking bacon in the oven:
Now that we have hopefully convinced you that cooking bacon in the oven is truly the best possible option, you will be wanting to give it a go.
And to make sure everything goes smoothly, here is a step by step guide that you can follow!
- The first thing you need to do is preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. That way it will be ready and hot enough to cook the bacon as soon as you place the slices in.
- Take a baking tray and line it with aluminum foil paper. If you don’t have any, you can also use a baking sheet or parchment paper. This will catch the grease that comes off of the bacon, plus it means that the baking tray you use will remain clean despite using it to cook the bacon! (We told you using the oven was way less effort and less of a mess!)
- Place the slices of bacon onto the baking tray you have prepared. Make sure none of the slices overlap or are touching each other, as that will cause them to stick together! Leave enough space between the slices.
If your oven has enough space, you can prepare another baking tray and fill it with more bacon slices, depending on how much bacon you want to cook at the same time.
- Place the tray of bacon slices in the oven and set a timer for around 15 to 20 minutes. The longer you leave the bacon in, the crispier the edges will be, so you can play around with the cooking time until you find your favored result!
Some people like to set a timer for half the time, to turn the bacon slices over. However, this is not necessary, so feel free to just leave them be!
- Remove the bacon from the oven. If you want to drain the bacon fat, you can remove the slices of bacon and then tilt the tray to pour the fat into the bin or a storage container. You could then reuse the tray for cooking more slices of bacon if you want!
- Enjoy your bacon!
Cooking bacon in the oven is the smartest and easiest way to go about it, and it will also require a lot less effort!
There will be less to clean afterward, and you can easily set a timer for the oven and go about other things while the bacon cooks.
Plus, cooking your bacon in the oven will give it the perfect crispy edges that so many people enjoy.
It’s very easy to cook bacon in the oven. You simply start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and then you place the slices of bacon on a baking tray lined with foil (without any of the slices overlapping) and leave them to cook in the oven for around 20 minutes.
You can vary the time to vary the crispiness of the bacon, playing around with the amount of time until you discover the perfect cooked bacon for you!
How to cook bacon in the oven
- Baking tray
- 8 slices Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a baking tray with foil. You can use a baking sheet or parchment paper as an alternative.
- Place the slices of bacon on the tray without them overlapping.
- Bake in the oven for around 15 min. Time can vary depending on how crispy you want the bacon.
- Drain the fat and serve the bacon.